Modern Gretsch Guitars

Synchro Club gets some new engines!

New t90s in the Synchro Club. Screamin vintage tone!!!

Sweet upgrade Paul!!!

FWIW I've heard pups referred to as heads...so maybe you could say the Synchro got new heads. Either way it seems like it will take you further

i decided to call them engines cause these babies got some serious horsepower without the mud!

Nice Paul! Now you need nitro injection.

I'm making a Convetible Clubessean

Looks awesome Paul!! What's the output of these babies?

I'm not sure of the output but they are reminiscent of my 60s p90s so a bit on the hotter side

I put T-90s in my HotRod....is there any downside to T/P-90s?? They seem to be the perfect all-round pickup.

You have betrayed legions of dynasonic loyalists! What do the T90s give you that the TArmond didn't?

I'd love to hear clips. Course most of us want to hear clips of you playing a shoebox with rubber bands. But your description of screaming without mud is tantalizing (and I thought that's what TArmonds were for...).

You have betrayed legions of dynasonic loyalists! What do the T90s give you that the TArmond didn't?

I'd love to hear clips. Course most of us want to hear clips of you playing a shoebox with rubber bands. But your description of screaming without mud is tantalizing (and I thought that's what TArmonds were for...).

– Strummerson

I don't think Paul had T-Armonds in this before. Wasn't it a Duncan Dynasonic in the neck and a TVJ Classic in the bridge?

I'd also like to know why Paul prefers this new setup(?). The previous config is what I was planning for my next Gretsch.

I still have a dyna CC and a Filter falcon so I have my classic gretsch tones still. The tv jones dyna/filter combo was great but I found they were fantastic for the heavier Cousin Harley material but not really working for me when we did the Country Bop stuff. My formative years were all spent with p90s so maybe I'm just trying to relive my youth!

Man! Although you can't tell in the pics that guitar has really gotten darker over the last few years (and scarred up!!)

Man! Although you can't tell in the pics that guitar has really gotten darker over the last few years (and scarred up!!)

– paul pigat

Always photograph it at an angle so we can see the beautiful binding against the blonde.

Cool, so are they a standard offering now, the T-90's in the dyna case?

– WB

Not that I know of. So far as I know Billy Zoom and I have the only sets. I'm sure if you drop him a note he can custom make a set though

– WB

They aren't pictured but they are available in chrome, nickel or gold with black or white plastic. I had a '61 ES-125TC that I sadly let go of many years ago with an amazing P90; if these sound like that I will be quite happy.

I can see some scratches but even so it's gorgeous!

I saved a copy of the video from 2013 NAMM where Paul, Stephen and Tim discuss the Synchro Club. Just played it for the first time in a long time. Cool stuff.

Speaking of custom builds in a Dynasonic case: MJS Custom Pickups (Mississauga, Canada) is making me hum free replacements for my White Falcon LDS. I got a peek at them last night. They look like vintage Dearmonds, and will have mount points at each cover screw (not glued in). I can hardly wait! Imminent NPD post!

I love it! I thought you made this guitar scream already at the NAMM show with Duane Eddy and Jeff Beck. You guys tore it up!

Nice! BTW, what's the body depth on the Synchro Club? From the photo it looks fairly thin - maybe like a 60s Tennessean?

Can't go wrong with P90's, Paul . . . even in a Gretsch!

The Sychro-Club is still the coolest Betty at the ball! I still hold out hope that someday this will be a production/signature model . . .

Play 'er in good health!

I agree with AndyJ's comment "...still the coolest Betty at the ball!" I bet it is too and in your hands Paul, that Synchro is a beast of musical monstrosity in the best of ways...and tone!

Register Sign in to join the conversation