Modern Gretsch Guitars

Streamliner center block or telecaster plus

I've never had any luck with those CV or VM Squires ,they're always heavy like boat anchors ,and with pencil thin necks ,not for me.

I have been Tele-less for 20 years ,that is, until last weekend,i just got a 2015 AVR 52 Tele ,this is the best one yet! This is just my third Tele in 30 years!

here is the truth from Bob

Alas, truth here is such a subjective notion.

None of us really NEEDS even a single guitar.

here is the truth from Bob

Alas, truth here is such a subjective notion.

None of us really NEEDS even a single guitar.

– Proteus

Subjective, yes. Definitely.

No, I find that to have been quite objective. At least from my own personally subjective point of view.

I do so badly want to bond with that guitar so that I will be a part of the cool kids club that play them. But, frankly, I have bonded much easier with my Jazzmaster and my Jaguar than my Telecaster. And my Tele is a very nice model (one of them thar' American Ash Dee-luxe models) with the SS-1 switching and other stuff that I don't use.

It's a beauty. So, I want to like it. Really, I do.

A pair of Twang King pickups dropped into my Tele made it an indispensable part of my modest guitar collection.

Ash! That's the problem. I never EVER bonded with my swamp ash G&L ASAT, custom-ordered in blueburst or not, Leo's most-highly-evolved-Tele magic dust all over the pickup and bridge design or not.

Clang clang, it went. Whoa boogie, a very hard sound. No funky sponge and squat there at all. It wouldn't soak up my intention and go squish AT ALL.

Ash is deeeeluxe, I understand, but that guitar cured me of thinking it's a good wood for a solidbody guitar.

You need something funkier, punkier and junkier. Bog-standard alder is fine, pine is better.

Register Sign in to join the conversation