Modern Gretsch Guitars

Sloppy inlay work on 6122

I couldn't agree with you more Mugsy. Gretsch enjoys the reputation of first rate quality control thanks to his efforts to both produce high quality instruments and address issues when something goes awry. We salute you Joe!

Okay, this is what we know,

• G6122-1959 CHET ATKINS CNTRY GENTLEMAN
  • S/N: JT09020487
  • Production Month: February 2009
  • QC Inspection Date: March 30, 2009
  • Shipped to east coast Gretsch authorized dealer on April 1, 2009

More to follow - stand by

Because of the supplied photo of the "OK Card", though perhaps not legible to you, I recognized the signature. Please know this individual is no longer an employee.

More to follow - stand by...

Though this situation originated 9 years ago, a link to this thread has been forwarded to our Gretsch Executive Team as well as the folks @ the Gretsch/Terada Factory as a reminder of the high standards we MUST maintain.

Though this situation originated 9 years ago, a link to this thread has been forwarded to our Gretsch Executive Team as well as the folks @ the Gretsch/Terada Factory as a reminder of the high standards we MUST maintain.

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Mr Carducci, even as well as I know you, I continue to be impressed to your dedication. Much appreciation, Sir.

Luca Brasi was a Saint!

He was just about to turn down an offer (he couldn't refuse)...$50,000.

Rotti123,

With your approval, we would like to replace your guitar with a NEW G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® at NO CHARGE.

If this works for you, please PM me with an address where you would like the replacement guitar shipped. Also know prior to you receiving the instrument it will be sent to our Scottsdale Headquarters for a personal inspection & set-up by yours truly.

However, in an effort to assist our Factory & R&D team to evaluate this inlay situation up close, we ask to obtain permanent possession of your Country Gent s/n JT09020487.

When you receive the NEW guitar, there will be a PREPAID FedEx shipping label tapped to the underside of the carton top flap. Simply repack & seal your old guitar in the shipping carton, place the supplied prepaid label OVER the previous, then drop it off at your nearest FedEx shipping store.

Cool?

Geez man, that's getting it done!

Very cool, To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Thank you. I will pm you my info.

This is why I play Gretsch. Absolutely high standards and grade A support from wonderful people like Joe. Just makes me glad and proud to be a player!

It doesn’t get any better than Joe C!

Best customer care I’ve ever seen!

Wow, that is some classy customer service!

Wow, just wow.

– Mr Tubs

Unbelievable! I hope you know how much we all appreciate you Joe and the Gretsch family.

This incredible customer service!! To replace, not just correct a factory deficiency on a 9 year old guitar is unheard of. This is the gold standard of taking care of customers. I sure hope word of this incredible gesture makes it known beyond our website. I know I'm going to tell the manager of my local L&M dealer here in Port Coquitlam, part of Greater Vancouver.

My hat's off to you Joe for going beyond what anyone could expect in regards to correcting an issue.

Now THAT's customer service! Kudos to Joe C. and the "Great Gretsch" Company !

Wow, didn’t see that coming. I mean, we know Joe’s da man, but...wow.

There’s doing the right thing then there’s going the going the extra mile. Then there’s this.

Wow.

Wow,just wow! Mind blown . Joe, you da man!

Rotti - Welcome to the club!

Joe - That’s amazing!

It’s so easy to complain about service at the car dealership or the attendant that was uninterested, but this is worth talking about. Great bar conversation with local music friends to brag about Gretsch & Joe.

Great Googly Moogly! If that ain't Gold Star Service, I don't know what is! Joe rocks!

I'm extremely impressed by this gesture of commitment to quality. Thank you Joe, for showing us the real meaning of "Customer Service". I had a similar experience with an Elite Stratocaster, that was replaced because of a dot inlay that could be felt through the lacquer, on a maple fretboard. Granted, mine was a brand new guitar. I'm very pleasently astounded to see FMIC follow suit on an older instrument.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Register Sign in to join the conversation