Modern Gretsch Guitars

Sierra Jumbo Historical Series or White Falcon Jumbo

Hi. Which of these electroacustic guitars is better? The white Falcon is beautiful but I find that the Sierra is 300 dollars more expensive. They have different Fishman systems. The thing is that I don´t know which one to choose.

Hope you can help me decide.

Thanks.

Is the Sierra model a pre-FMIC guitar?

I had a Historic Sierra 3700 Jumbo that I bought off of craigslist for $300. They go around $300 on eBay. It did not play as nicely as the current Gretsch acoustics like the Falcon and I think the Fishman electronics are much better now than when the Historics were made. I would go for the Falcon.

Is the Sierra model a pre-FMIC guitar?

– Ric12string

It was made in '99. I think it's pre-FMIC.

I had a Historic Sierra 3700 Jumbo that I bought off of craigslist for $300. They go around $300 on eBay. It did not play as nicely as the current Gretsch acoustics like the Falcon and I think the Fishman electronics are much better now than when the Historics were made. I would go for the Falcon.

– Bob Howard

Thanks!

I have an Historic Series 3700 Sierra and it is great. Like everything, there are both good and not so good examples. Of course I always properly correct nut and saddle issues that seem to be on every acoustic I buy regardless of price. An inferior guitar that is properly set up can be much more pleasing to play than a high end guitar that isn't set up properly.

Register Sign in to join the conversation