Modern Gretsch Guitars

Should Gretsch make a pro-line (MIJ) CVT Corvette?

Well, Terada always gets the bridge placement right.

You know, this may be the first time that a post has literally changed my opinion. I agree with you.

Gretsch should make them at the Fender Corona factory.

– BuddyHollywood

That's an excellent suggestion. While only the company can determine its feasibility, the Fender plant already makes limited runs and FSRs so obviously there is some production flexibility. And perhaps that would keep the cost of the guitar to a level established by an American Strat for example.

Well, Terada always gets the bridge placement right.

– Proteus

Indeed they do. And many other things besides.

As an aside, the thought occurs to me that an ebony board eliminates the potential hassle caused by CITES regulation of rosewood. Of course, there are many other suitable materials.

Corona do any set necks - other than in the Gretsch Custom Shop?

They should reissue the AstroJet . Cool head and body design

– MaBerY

Eastwood made some; was even called the Astro-Jet.

IIRC didn't Stern do a Custom Shop Corvette? Maybe that's brain lint....

Corona do any set necks - other than in the Gretsch Custom Shop?

– Proteus

I know Fender has produced set neck guitars but I don't know if any have been done in Corona. They made a CS Strat, the JA90 Tele (Indonesia) and the Showmaster (unknown.) There have been others.

– lx

There was a Stern CS Corvette. 7 made to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Corvette in 2011. $4000/copy. It had Power'trons.

Geez, you guys. Now I gotta get one of these. if only to try out the MegaTrons. How heavy are these slabs?

I briefly had a '61 with the slab body. They're light. I was about to say way lighter than an SG, but a single HiLo doesn't weigh as much as two humperdinkers.

Geez, you guys. Now I gotta get one of these. if only to try out the MegaTrons. How heavy are these slabs?

– Bob Howard

They are very light and very well balanced. 5-6 lbs tops. The Mega-trons sound great, albeit different from a HS Filter or a TVJ Classic.

This one does it for me.

– Don Birchett

That's hot! Wanna sell it? (just kidding)

I forget what CVT model this 2010 Nashville Roundup give-away prize was, but I would love to hunt one of these down:

They are very light and very well balanced. 5-6 lbs tops. The Mega-trons sound great, albeit different from a HS Filter or a TVJ Classic.

– Tony65x55

The vintage Corvettes are much lighter than the new ones I've played. The Nashville Corvette that I put together was a featherweight. I had a G Love for awhile; it was a boat anchor IIRC.

– lx

The Eastwood Astro was a joke. It was really just a repainted version of an existing model.

Stern did do some CS Vettes. The last one I saw was sold by Musicians Friend for $2200 in a clearance. (It didn't help it had a weird yellow-gold finish.) I think that reinforces Tony's point - someone will pay $2000+ for a special Vette but not $5000.

There have been non-US special run Vettes like the Black one and the White One above.

The G.Love was a great looker and a great guitar but overpriced for a Korean made Electromatic. Upgrade it to Pro Line specs and it'd be worth it.

I want one in Blue Burst or even better, a Green Burst. Mmmm...

That's a beauty Fritz!

I moved the switch out of the way on my 1968 refurbished, revived Corvette. It was in shambles when I got it so I made it a player.

*Purple Nitro by Curt Wilson aka The Man.

– BuddyHollywood

Clearly one of the nicest ones out there.

I'm liking this single pickup stripped down gal!

That's hot! Wanna sell it? (just kidding)

– razzer10_4

Don't have it. Wish I did. There were only a few made. I think one was given away at a Nashville Round-Up several years ago. That's where I heard of it.

Joe C., any chance that we might see this again? Either as a signature model or just as a black/gold Corvette/CVT?

Wasn't that the Nono model Corvette?

Oui Oui ... je pense.

Rumor has it that Curt won a Nono at the 2008 Nashville Roundup.

I'm liking this single pickup stripped down gal!

– Setzer

I know that's a faded white but I love the blonde look of this. Blonde SG's also look great to me.

Rumor has it that Curt won a Nono at the 2008 Nashville Roundup.

– Bob Howard

Not the 2008 Roundup... a much later one. 2012, I think.

Wasn't that the Nono model Corvette?

– Ric12string

Yup but it wouldn't necessarily have to be, unless that was a term of the endorsement contract.

I even stole the picture from one of your old posts, Ric.

Register Sign in to join the conversation