Modern Gretsch Guitars

Setzer Pickguard

Does anybody know what size pickguard I need for my 04 Green Setzer 6120. I was fortunate to have Mr. Setzer sign mine and I don't want to ruin it. Thanks.

I find it interesting he signs pickguards, his name is engraved into pickguards yet his personal guitars are pickguardless, Ironic eh?

He signed it at a Christmas show when he was saying his goodbyes to the audience. I was sitting in the front row with my wife and young daughter and we yelled to Brian that this was my daughter's first concert which it was. Brian smiled then I raised up the pickguard then he took it from me and signed it. I've been to a lot of his shows and have never seen him do that before. The pickguard has been put away ever since but I starting to miss the pickguard on my Gretsch and I need a replacement.

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s cool you have a signed guard. My comment is clearly about the irony of it.

I find it interesting he signs pickguards, his name is engraved into pickguards yet his personal guitars are pickguardless, Ironic eh?

– Curt Wilson

haha that is funny! I never thought about it. (took mine off first thing, they get in my way... no PGs on Les Pauls for me, either.)

Just for fun I looked for you. These seem to be hard to find: https://www.partsisparts.ne...

You can search for SSLVO or SSU. They pop up on ebay or reverb. If you don't care about having the exact replacement, I'm pretty sure almost any of the chet atkins 6120 can be a replacement. Look for the placement of the screw hole near the word Nashville.

FWIW, the "other" Setzer -Paul- does great work on pickguards, plus he's a member here. Eman, if you do want a replacement I can heartily recommend his work. He likely has a template for that model already, too.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Register Sign in to join the conversation