Modern Gretsch Guitars

Roots edition guitars

Mine is in my backseat and I am headed home, but I have yet to lay my hands on it.

Well, in the morning light, I discovered a significant crack on the back. I went back to GC and they took it back and are sending me another. I made sure they had one in the warehouse.

Well, in the morning light, I discovered a significant crack on the back. I went back to GC and they took it back and are sending me another. I made sure they had one in the warehouse.

– Bob Howard

Oy vey. That is unfortunate. I am glad that they had another one for you to receive.

I have some very positive thoughts about these guitars having played mine quite a bit last night and a bit more this morning. The key, however, is that I am ever mindful of what these guitars are not. Once that is conceded, then it becomes very easy to admire these little gems.

Perhaps when I am on my computer, rather than on my phone, I can offer a few observations.

Yes, please. I played mine quite a bit before turning it in. Remarkably full and balanced.

Talk me down. I don't need one of these. I'm well covered on acoustics. I only have a fear of missing out. I don't need it.

– Baxter

You, jest, yes?

Guitar Center made me whole again by replacing my damaged G9631. It is a really great guitar. If you put a recording mic right at the end of the neck and 6” away, it sounds so nice it’s hard to believe it is only $399.

Guitar Center made me whole again by replacing my damaged G9631. It is a really great guitar. If you put a recording mic right at the end of the neck and 6” away, it sounds so nice it’s hard to believe it is only $399.

– Bob Howard

Bob, I have been holding off on posting my thoughts on the Style 3 because I have a Style 2 model showing up tomorrow with FedEx (assuming that they can make it). I would like to be able to compare them.

That’s worth waiting for, Bob.

Well, after the taxman came, any hope I had has left the building along with my wallet.

"Should five per cent appear too small? Be thankful I don't take it all...."

Register Sign in to join the conversation