Modern Gretsch Guitars

Replacement Tuners for G6116 Power Tenny - Your Opinion

Some of you may recall a thread I created a few weeks ago, where I talked about replacing the nickel plated hardware on my 6116 Power Tenny, due to my nickel allergy. I've already replaced the bridge (thanks Tim for the Aluminium Tru-Arc), now it's time to make the tuners go bye-bye.

I mentioned I'm not a big fan of locking tuners, but after some research (and suggestions from other GDPers) , it looks like I can get Sperzel Solid Pro, non-locking tuners, to replace the Sperzel locking tuners the guitar has. The thing is, I can't make up my mind, if I want them with a black finish, or satin chrome.

Black Sperzel Solid Pros for a 3 X 3 headstock arrangement

Satin Chrome Sperzel Solid Pros for a 3 X 3 headstock arrangement

Which do you think would look better? They both look cool to me,

I'd go plain old regular chrome....but that's just me.

I'm with Gretschadelphia. Plain chrome would go well with the no frills look of the Power Tenny. Wish I hadn't sold mine.

I'd go plain old regular chrome....but that's just me.

– Gretschadelphia

Unfortunately, I was sloppy posting in my original post (above and beyond the spelling errors). I forgot to remove from the post, that you can't get Sperzel Solid Pros, in plain old chrome. So my options are black, or satin chrome. I've corrected my original post to reflect this.

Register Sign in to join the conversation