Modern Gretsch Guitars

Queston About Pickups in a 6120 59 LTV

Hey, I need someone maybe to help me shed some light on something, I have always seen TV Jones name on all the front of his pickups ones I have ordered , I bought a 2010 59 LTV , used from a music store I have not had time to contact them but the filtrons that are installed have the US patient info on the front of them like I have seen on other 6120 & gretsch models with filtrons , I was able to contact someone at TVs office & they said since it was a custom model they could have put the US Patient info on the front of the pickup covers? I am not about a name or anything however I am almost positive a couple of years ago I played on a 59 LTV & the PUs had TV Jones on the left front side like on his others, anyway with saying all that any info would be most helpful , Thanks

My 1959LTV has patent numbers on the pickups. They are genuine TV Jones. These are reissues of a 1959 guitar, and the 1959 guitars had patent numbers on the pickups.

My 1959LTV has patent numbers on the pickups. They are genuine TV Jones. These are reissues of a 1959 guitar, and the 1959 guitars had patent numbers on the pickups.

– Otter

Thanks So Much!

Same here, I have a 2010 - 59 - 6120 LTV with patent numbers.

are both pups classics or is the bridge a plus?

Yes, Classics in both positions on LTV's

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

how much hotter is a Plus? I looked on Youtube and most of the Vs vids are neck and bridge but on the same guitar :/

IMO, not a lot hotter, but they are just a little fatter sounding, and have a little more midrange too.

Either are great pups to my ears.

whats the pups that TVJ has Setzer using?

whats the pups that TVJ has Setzer using?

– doombuggy

He uses his Brian Setzer Signature pickups. I have those and a set of classic/classic + in guitars. The setzers are a little smoother to me, but I like the bite that the classic + has for a bridge pu.

Register Sign in to join the conversation