Modern Gretsch Guitars

Player Edition Broadkaster Center Block JR

What do you guys think about the new G6659TG Player Edition Broadkaster Center Block JR?

One of our members has extensive experience, and will no doubt be by to provide enlightenment. Short version: he loves it, now that he's tweaked it to perfection.

Paging senojnad...

I hear you Proteus.......

Here is my early road test report on the Broadkaster Jr:

http://gretschpages.com/for...

I ran into problems with tuning stability but found a great solution via BricksBiggsFix:

http://gretschpages.com/for...

Of course I also added a TruArc Serpentune bridge and a Chet Wire Arm..... and life has been wonderful ever since. I LOVE this guitar!

I think they look totally cool. The size is great. I'm not in love with center blocks as they seem to beef up lower mids, choke out a lot of nice overtones, and make the guitar heavier than I like. All that said, I want a Broadcaster Jr. so badly I almost can't stand it.

senojnad what amp are you playing thru with your Gretsch guitars? Great review should things work out I'm looking to get one.

senojnad what amp are you playing thru with your Gretsch guitars? Great review should things work out I'm looking to get one.

– twinreverb

My MAIN amp is a Standel 25L15. I also have a Carr Skylark which, unfortunately, is under-used and may be up for sale one of these days.....

The "family".....

– senojnad

Beautiful and impressive!!!

Beautiful and impressive!!!

– Don Birchett

thanks, Don!

The "family".....

– senojnad

Great Family, the Chet arm in on my list for my 6659, which I love by the way. I have the BricksBiggsFix already but which TruArc did you get? I see you mentioned the Serpentune. Should I just email Tim and tell him what I have?

Thanks in advance.

I have the brass Serpentune. Did that choice to match the rest of the (gold) hardware on the guitar.

Looks like you have chrome hardware (per photo). You might want to check with Tim to see if he is still doing them in titanium. I bought a titanium Serpentune for my ES335 a couple of years ago. The tone & sustain on that guitar are "to die for".

Register Sign in to join the conversation