Modern Gretsch Guitars

Panther v. Falcon CB double cut

Other than the headstock shape, output-jack location and some minor cosmetics, are there any significant differences between these two guitars?

$700.

I asked myself the same question a while back and read through all the specs on the Gretsch Co. website. I could find no differences other than (1) price and (2) the white version of the Falcon CB has gold hardware rather than silver.

• Headstock
  • Binding
  • f-hole size and binding (or lack of)
  • Tuners
  • Rosewood vs. Ebony fingerboard

Other than the headstock shape, output-jack location and some minor cosmetics, are there any significant differences between these two guitars?

– echoplex

If you are in the market for a Double Cutaway, Center Block Gretsch... there's a new kid on the block now for 2017!

I don't have any personal experience with the 1 & 3/4" depth, Center Block design Gretsch guitars, but I can say that I've got a Players Edition 6120TFM & I think it's either the best built, or at least as well built a guitar as I've ever owned or played.

So, check it out, it's the..."G6620TFM Players Edition Nashville® Center Block Double-Cut with String-Thru Bigsby® Filter'Tron™ Pickups, Tiger Flame Maple, Orange Stain"

http://www.gretschguitars.c...

Not to mention the new Broadkaster in Bourbon:

or Dark Cherry Stain:

The dark cherry one is listed as having a tiger flame maple top as well but you will have to wait until you see one in person to be sure.

Register Sign in to join the conversation