Modern Gretsch Guitars

Paisley Jet

Well what do you think of this?

I love it! Years ago i passed on a paisley very customized strat. I regret not buying it.

I didn't expect to like it. But I do.

P.S. The bridge base look like a very correct repro with that slight hump. I'm happy to see this.

It took a moment but did grow on me.

I started to like it, but I got over it.

I'd like it better in blue or green but yeah, it's cool.

I'd like it better in blue or green but yeah, it's cool.

– Suprdave

I agree with the first half of your statement. It is very striking.

Oooh… In a heart beat! But then again I have always been a sucker for the pink paisley Teles.

Interesting. What is it? Custom Shop? Modded? Are there more pics somewhere? Link?

Its a custom shop model, it popped up this morning on Instagram.

I kinda like it. I think it looks better than the paisley tele's, honestly.

I really like it! The border seems to be more on the purple side rather than pink.

I would like it better if it had TV Classic's.

Lavender not pink. Lotsa interesting choices there: arrow knobs, full block markers, Dynas (which could be swopped out for TVJones Anytrons). Scripty headstock? Groovy.

That looks way better than I would have thought possible on a jet.

I want to see any other paisley Gretsches, I'd like to see 6120 single cut.

How is that paisley print affixed to the top of the guitar? Is it printed on some kind of clear material that is backed with an adhesive? And then the edges are painted to give it a burst effect?

It's a decal of some sort as the original Fender ones were. The "fade" would be printed on the decal.

It looks like Prince puked after a pitcher of sangria...and yet, I like it.

Cool guitar för sure. BUT! I would like to know why Stern choose to put the Bigsby model that Gretsch introduced 1959 on 90% of all CS Dou Jets called 1954, 1955, 1956 and 1957 models. Cool guitar but I think it should have had this Bigsby.

The James Burton signature Jet??

The James Burton signature Jet??

– audept

Either that or the Brad Paisley.

Register Sign in to join the conversation