Modern Gretsch Guitars

Original Gretsch Supertron for my Country Gentleman

This is awesome, Paolo do you make these amps yourself? I just picked up a new Country Gent last week to add to the collection. I must say it's absolutely an amazing playing guitar. I knew it would be great but it's even better than I expected. I have a Victoria Regal tubed down to approx 5 watts and it sounds beautiful through it. Sounds pretty amazing with the SWART Stereo too.

Beautiful collection, congratulations. The Gent of the 59 is one of the most beautiful and unique guitars in the world both aesthetically and for the sound, I use strings .13 and this new supertron vintage pickup of the 60s.

The amplifier will be the other gem, designs it and builds his entirety Giuseppe Orlando. You can search for info about him on the web, he builds Boutique pieces for us guitarists

Point to point with NOS components, the case will have a 15 "alnico Weber speaker, according to my specifications, to get even closer to the magical sound of Atkins.

Paolo.

My Christmas present is under construction, evolving.

Nice! One thing you might not know is that a lot of the original Supertrons used a ceramic magnet which will give the pickup a bit more sizzle and output. I’ve bought a few early Supertron’s in the last 40+ years and every one had a ceramic, both I’s & II’s.

Nice! One thing you might not know is that a lot of the original Supertrons used a ceramic magnet which will give the pickup a bit more sizzle and output. I’ve bought a few early Supertron’s in the last 40+ years and every one had a ceramic, both I’s & II’s.

– Don Butler aka: Toneman

Grazie Toneman.
I didn't know, however the thing I know, is that it sounds scary, killer sound!

Register Sign in to join the conversation