Modern Gretsch Guitars

On Location with Joe Carducci!

Foggy Mountain Music in Grass Valley. Now we are at Nicholson’s music in Folsom. Featuring Jeffery Kunde 7-9pm tonight!

What State would places like Grass Valley and Folsom exist?

– kc_eddie_b

This would be California. The two stores are about 1 hour apart in beautiful Northern California.

"What State would places like Grass Valley and Folsom exist?"

Bliss and excitement come to mind right now!

– kc_eddie_b

The town of Cool is halfway between the two.

Can you hear that train a'comin'?

Beautiful area, best part of my Life were the college years spent running around up there in the North Valley

It was an in-store Gretsch event at each of these stores. I attended the Grass Valley event as well. Joe gave one of his excellent presentations about the history of Gretsch guitars and where the company is headed. Lots of great video interwoven into the presentation. Joe gave away t-shirts and other Gretsch memorabilia. And the event was capped off with Joe awarding a G2420T guitar to a fellow who was so excited that he had won it!

Well that explains everything, except why a man is serving time in a California prison for a crime committed in Nevada, and how said prisoner knows that train is headed for Texas. But that's just me. That song is on the set list for tonight so I'll likely ponder it again at some point then.

Looks like "Joe, The Man" is holding court in that first photo. Nice!! Yep, I'm familiar with Grass Valley. Was home to some large professional electronics equipment manufacturers back in the day including Ampex (I believe their sign is an historic landmark!), as well as GVG (Grass Valley Group) who are still there as far as I know.

I have actually been to Foggy Mountain Music in Grass Valley. Great old school independent shop...very nice people and lots of cool guitars, amps and gear. The owner also has some nice vintage pieces from her personal collection on display. Grass Valley is a great little town. There's even a really cool classic art deco old movie theater and lots of great little shops and places to eat. If you are ever in Northern California it's a great little place to visit.

Grass Valley lived up to it’s name as we all got a “contact high” from the Cannabis connoisseurs in the parking lot next us!

Back in the 80's I played in a reggae band that had a strong following in the Sierra Foothills east of Sacramento --- towns like Grass Valley, Auburn, Nevada City. Many of the locals referred to it as Herb Valley or Ganja Valley, and even signed onto our mailing list that way. Apparently items we sent out so addressed were delivered successfully. Ya, mon!

I'm going to be in Nevada City at the end of the month and was hoping to find an interesting music store while there!

I'm going to be in Nevada City at the end of the month and was hoping to find an interesting music store while there!

– FritzTheCat

Bring your pipe and slippers and hang out at Foggy Mountain. They will be glad to have you there!

Register Sign in to join the conversation