Modern Gretsch Guitars

Old Amp Sye” - New Year’s Silliness

Wrote this in about 15 minutes...

Old Amp Sye Should old acquaintance be forgot In a band that should have died We played the classic rock my dear Through my old amp Sye

For old amp Sye, my dear, for old amp Sye! I spilled a pitcher of beer, my dear On my old Amp Sye!

The Fender name was on its face And it had a red jeweled eye It sparked and crackled loud my dear My poor old amp Sye!

For old amp Sye, my dear, for old amp Sye! I spilled a pitcher of beer, my dear On my old Amp Sye!

Now none of us will soon forget The screech of its last goodbye! I strummed a final chord my dear And the angels took it to the sky!

I kinda annoy the neighbors on New Years Eve by setting up the Princeton Reverb on the back porch, aiming it up at 45 degree angle and play "Old Lang Syne" Duane Eddy style -- on 10 -- right at midnight. Then I play Rebel Rouser and quickly unplug.

I kinda annoy the neighbors on New Years Eve by setting up the Princeton Reverb on the back porch, aiming it up at 45 degree angle and play "Old Lang Syne" Duane Eddy style -- on 10 -- right at midnight. Then I play Rebel Rouser and quickly unplug.

– lx

Register Sign in to join the conversation