Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD

Sweet looking Jet, how do you like the dyna's?

– Gretsch6123

I'm in love with them, i'm a big fan of duncan and i listened to a set of his, sorry seymour, T.V. Jones got you on these, i cranked them throu a sparkle drive and they shimmer like all get out, probably ordering a dyno brain next pay check. But right out of the box this guitar is THEE guitar.

Got a synchrosonic bridge coming. This guitar has pretty much negated most of my other guitars!

– 53jetrjm

Welcome to all things Gretsch! Congrats on great guitar! I'm curious though as to what the issue is with this bridge is or why a Tru Arc isn't on your radar instead of your other choice?

I'm in love with them, i'm a big fan of duncan and i listened to a set of his, sorry seymour, T.V. Jones got you on these, i cranked them throu a sparkle drive and they shimmer like all get out, probably ordering a dyno brain next pay check. But right out of the box this guitar is THEE guitar.

– 53jetrjm

Have to agree with you on the TVs, when it comes to pickups for a Gretsch guitar, Mr. Jones and company do it right.

Congrats again on the Scripty! I feel the same about mine, just about the most perfect out-the-box guitar I've ever had. I'd keeping looking for that Embie, I see them pop up used once in a while--the harder phenolic saddles are worth it.

Welcome to all things Gretsch! Congrats on great guitar! I'm curious though as to what the issue is with this bridge is or why a Tru Arc isn't on your radar instead of your other choice?

– Windsordave

Might try compton or tru arc down the line, or get one for my 5120. Didn't the early duo jets have synchrosonics from the factory? No issues with the aluminum. It's more a question of what i want on my guitar. I always thought the Gibson Firebird was my dream guitar... it's definetly the scripty

I just put JS112 Thomastik Flatwounds on my T-Armond equipped 6120T 55 Vintage Select, and they sound FABULOUS with those pickups! And surprisingly they intonated pretty good even with the compensated bridge and the wound G! The T-Armonds are great!

You guys are killin' me.... Congrats again! p r e c i o u s

Register Sign in to join the conversation