Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD

My first Jet. 2013 6128T-DCM. Like new condition as far as I can see. The seller described it as having a "larger than normal neck" which doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately, but it is a pretty sweet guitar. A wee bit neck heavy, but it doesn't drive, it just wants to level out when left alone, so with a decent strap it isn't bothersome while playing it. Gonna try it with the band on Tuesday. I'm often surprised at how different a guitar sounds at volume with a band compared to solo in a room. Have to see how this one works out

One of the rare and elusive Dark Cherry Metallic Jets! Your picture shows the color beautifully. I had such a hard time taking pictures of it at NAMM and getting the real flavor to come through. Maybe natural light is the secret.

It's the only doublecut pro-line Jet that made me want it. The color probably "failed" in the market because in many lights it just looks black.

But it's rich, lush, and gorgeous - and somehow brings out the best in that body shape. Now you got me wanting one. If you decide to let it go...

Nice one. Yes, a fat strap may save you from moving the strap knob to the neck heel.

Nice one. Yes, a fat strap may save you from moving the strap knob to the neck heel.

– NJBob

I thought about that, and may do it. If I decide to do it, I'll probably make it an 'additional attachment point' rather than leaving a hole at the horn. I think two buttons looks better than a button and a hole

I don't see any Raccoons? Not musically inclined?

Good for You! Looks Sweet!

I've never been a Double Jet fan, but that one has always made me think long and hard about it. Love that color!

Wow. I hadn't seen that finish before. Gorgeous. I wasn't a particular fan of double-cut Jets until a sudden relationship with a '63 Firebird. I swear it was more hollow than a '57.

One of the rare and elusive Dark Cherry Metallic Jets! Your picture shows the color beautifully. I had such a hard time taking pictures of it at NAMM and getting the real flavor to come through. Maybe natural light is the secret.

It's the only doublecut pro-line Jet that made me want it. The color probably "failed" in the market because in many lights it just looks black.

But it's rich, lush, and gorgeous - and somehow brings out the best in that body shape. Now you got me wanting one. If you decide to let it go...

– Proteus

I feel the same way about the doublecuts Tim. This one somehow is different. Funny story: A couple months ago I had a dream where I was playing a guitar (that I didn't actually have in the real world) and everything about the instrument was perfect. In the dream I thought to myself "OMG I've finally found the guitar that's perfect for me". In the dream I couldn't see the headstock, but the shape was the doublecut Jet shape and the color was a dark crimson red. I remembered it vividly when I woke up, but also had the thought that there was no such guitar as a dark red doublecut Jet -except maybe a custom shop one- but there's no way that's ever going to happen.

Several weeks later this shows up on Reverb and immediately I think this is the guitar from my dream. I was completely unaware that this model even existed. It may be the neck is indeed a tiny bit bigger; I measure just shy of .86 at the first fret (not zero) and .88 at the third. Never measured other Jets, but this seems and feels pretty typical to ones I've played. Lower than .84 or so will become problematic over time with my tendonitis so no buyers remorse. Whew.

I suppose I shouda coulda asked the seller for measurements, but I think I didn't want to talk myself out of it; it's just too pretty. Sorry Tim, but (like that M-75) I think I'm gonna keep it...

I don't see any Raccoons? Not musically inclined?

Good for You! Looks Sweet!

– Twangmeisternyc

Two nights ago. Had to roll out the 4:00 a.m. welcome party (pellet gun).

I like double cuts and saw one of these at Street Sounds when they first came out. Beautiful! They are elusive out there. Congrats!

We had a ~35lb. Bobcat in the Front Yard a couple hours after Dawn a few weeks ago...I'll trade. But, we now do have fewer Rabbits on the lawn throughout the day...

I don't think our Bichon would mind a Raccoon, she seems to know the Bobcat is out there, though...too old, very cautious.

Maybe if I swing that Jet around like Pete Townshend it might help?

Sweet axe! Is the back a natural stain or all painted the cherry metallic color?

This is in my top three finishes.

Beautiful guitar, enjoy!

Great looking guitar, congratulations, enjoy her!

Gretsch's latest guitar giveaway is for a DCM players edition single cut Jet. Go to their web site for details.

Great looking git!

Nice score! If ever a Jet was to call my name, I think it would most likely be a doublecut.

Once you've had a chance to get to know it, please follow up to let us know if in fact your dream was a premonition!

And if it disappoints...who ya gonna call?

Congrats,love that colour!

Love that color! Good on ya! The DC's are the tit's!

Register Sign in to join the conversation