Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD!

very pretty! congratulations!

headstock Closeup

Nice! These are great guitars, and have a feature all 12s should have - a built in tuner! :)

Nice guitar! I love these 12 strings, congratulations.

Congrats! How's it play?

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.@NJBob- I bought it off fleabay, so I couldn't try it out first. I got it for a great price with a case , so I figured even if it needed a set up it would be worth it. That turned out to be the case, as it arrived with high action, but my tech got it dialed in. It plays really nice now.

12 strings are twice as nice! Congrats.

Wow!! BEAUTIFUL!! Best wishes with your new 12-string -- have a blast!!

I guess I'm derailing my own thread, but I'm looking for opinions on a good capo for a 12 string. Been mulling over the usual suspects, G7 or Kyser. But I came across one called the Paige Clik Capo that looks good too. Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

I guess I'm derailing my own thread, but I'm looking for opinions on a good capo for a 12 string. Been mulling over the usual suspects, G7 or Kyser. But I came across one called the Paige Clik Capo that looks good too. Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

– Twom

Nice looking (and playing ) Gretsch. Love a good 12 string. Capo for 12string- I don't know what is available in the US , but over there I couldn't find anything that works on an acoustic 12. I made a one for mine by making a notch in the rubber for the thick E and A - so the octave strings (E & A ) get pushed even down on the fret. Took a big paper clip or wire and heated it red hot to make the notches. It works , but its not very practical - you got to be able to see what you doing when putting it on ! Easier to ditch the capo !

Thanks again Guys! I also wanted to note that when I had my tech set it up, I had him put a set Of D'addario Nickel-Bronze strings with steel cores on it. A little pricey, but I'm liking them so far.

Nice. Congrats. Any chance of hearing some sound samples?

Missed this. That is nice. Congrats!

Register Sign in to join the conversation