Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD - The Penguin Has Landed

The Penguin has been on my bucket list for a long time. Acquired this special run Ocean Turquoise beauty from Wildwood. Just in case you were concerned, I made sure the guitar was stable before taking the photos.

That's gorgeous!

First time I've ever seen a Bigsby handle used as a kickstand . . .

Beautiful git, Snorre! Congrats!

Fantabulous, Steve! Perfect for you!

OohLaLa! Congrats, Snorre! I love that color combo.

Fantastic color! Congrats

Wow, congrats,yet another super cool gretsch.

Thanks, guys! Just played her for a bit - wonderful guitar. The neck feels fuller than a duo jet, which works great for my big ol' hands. The TV Jones Classics sound great, too!

WOW!! Gorgeous -- Enjoy...!!!

Fantastic color on that one, Snorre.

Beautiful Penguin leaning against a Gomez amp. Great pair.

Snorre! Great looking guitar!! I think the Penguin looks awesome in Ocean Turquoise. Hey, I think we both had/ have Custom Telecasters in that color! Congrats, enjoy!

The shade of turquoise sure works beautifully with the deep gold hardware. This combination makes for a truly elegant instrument!

Snorre! Great looking guitar!! I think the Penguin looks awesome in Ocean Turquoise. Hey, I think we both had/ have Custom Telecasters in that color! Congrats, enjoy!

– Metman

I had a '62 Reissue Tele in OT. Really regret letting that one go!

Thanks again, all!

Cool guitar, Steve.

That gold kickstand isn't bad either!

Spectacular, congrats!

Looking good there.

I had a '62 Reissue Tele in OT. Really regret letting that one go!

Thanks again, all!

– Snorre

That's why I've kept mine.
Hey, Steve, my only beef is you didn't get the Penguin sooner so we could have seen it at the Roundup in Baltimore! Hehe..

Great color combo! Play 'er in good health!

That's why I've kept mine.
Hey, Steve, my only beef is you didn't get the Penguin sooner so we could have seen it at the Roundup in Baltimore! Hehe..

– Metman

I think it was seeing the Penguin that Rocky & Steve brought to the Roundup that got my GAS going for one. Since I've got T-Armonds on my Astro Jet, I wanted a Penguin with TV Jones Classics.

Since I was handling bass duties for our surf set and not being in the best of health, I was happy to only bring my relatively new BillyBo bass.

Next roundup, I'll bring the Penguin, my Cadillac Green County Gent, and the surfy Astro Jet for sure!

Thanks again, guys!

That is one beautiful guitar, Steve. CONGRATULATIONS!

Register Sign in to join the conversation