Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD - Spectra Sonic - tag, I’m it

nice guitar..congrats and enjoy!

but actually its the b12 that has the tension bar..the b11 does not!!

op pic is b12!

the b11 was fave of late great 54 club-mike wilhelm..he had'em on his club and ric 360...put a pic of his wife in the oval hole section

cheers

– neatone

Oops. I mix things up.

You’re a creative guy and will make it yours.

– Baba Joe

Thanks, Joe.

Well, I played it a bunch and I like most of it, however I really prefer the feel of a non-tension bar Bigsby (see post 4), I prefer 9.5“ radius to the 12” (though that’s not a boggy) and the neck is a tad wider than I usually like. Lovely tone. Makes me want a Jet. We’ll see if get used to these minor things. If not, back on the block it goes (poor thing).

Well, I played it a bunch and I like most of it, however I really prefer the feel of a non-tension bar Bigsby (see post 4), I prefer 9.5“ radius to the 12” (though that’s not a boggy) and the neck is a tad wider than I usually like. Lovely tone. Makes me want a Jet. We’ll see if get used to these minor things. If not, back on the block it goes (poor thing).

– Bob Howard

Congrats Bob I wanted to add that since owned both the SS and the C Melody which runs a B-11 I had no problem with the break angle. You would think not so. Maybe this was the difference

– Bob Howard

Uh oh. Does this mean I have to, again, convince myself I don’t want it?

Uh oh. Does this mean I have to, again, convince myself I don’t want it?

– NJBob

Nonsense. You know you want it. Actually, I may love it tomorrow, who knows.

Register Sign in to join the conversation