Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD Sparkley Dyna-Jet! At last!

..and I ordered the buttons (Grover shape) from Kluson, which switched me over to WD music (which is in Florida so they may be delayed) for $10.

Looking good. Love the Bigsby handle you added. This is just me, but I would flip the pu's back to stock, raise the bodies up with shims (the TV J foam shims are super cheap and easy to work with) and lower the pole slugs.....it really helped on the Dyna Jet I used to have, especially with the bridge pu (made it much punchier and fatter sounding).

Looks great, congrats!

Congrats sir,sweet looking geet that!

Thanks, and the looks ain't even the best part. If you haven't yet, play a Dyno Jet. I can't put it down.

I cranked it up at a loud jam last evening and it rocked! It handles heavy distortion, spanky clean funk and creamy smooth overdrive blues like it was 3 different guitars. Very controllable feedback.

Nice purchase Bob, I like the additions too. You should go with a black pickguard with the script logo, really make it custom!

Nice! Yes that is sparkly.

Isn't that the handle that had a penchant for breaking off?

Jeez, I hope not. If that happens, I'll slap a DE handle on there. They feel similar.

I dunno, Bax. I think non-violent players like Bob and I can avoid breakage. Ain't divin' no bombs here!

This is true, I'm more of a wriggler than a bomber. My grandfather called it his wiggle stick.

I cranked it up at a loud jam last evening and it rocked! It handles heavy distortion, spanky clean funk and creamy smooth overdrive blues like it was 3 different guitars. Very controllable feedback.

– Bob Howard

Yes! It is like having 3 different guitars in one. I love these guitars. Silver sparkle is awesome. Congratulations!

Yes! It is like having 3 different guitars in one. I love these guitars. Silver sparkle is awesome. Congratulations!

– BuddyHollywood

Thanks, Buddy. 3 guitars for $1300? Not a bad deal.

I must lament......don't know what the heck I was thinking when I sold my 6128TDS. I've regretted selling gear before, but that really was a mistake. How good would that Dyna Jet sound through the DeLisle Nickel Box w/ Trem and Reverb I have now.....

I must lament......don't know what the heck I was thinking when I sold my 6128TDS. I've regretted selling gear before, but that really was a mistake. How good would that Dyna Jet sound through the DeLisle Nickel Box w/ Trem and Reverb I have now.....

– Gretschadelphia

I thought I was gonna regret selling it but Bob seems so happy with it I actually feel good about it!

Gretschadelphia, I know how you feel. I had a '57 style 6128 that I had to sell 7 years ago. This is a rectification of that mistake ( I had to pay off the IRS, but I did still have 2 kidneys).

Also, I played it through my DeLisle Nickel Box last night and it was sweet! Through my Swart Atomic Space Tone Pro, it is quite aggressive. I felt powerful.

Chmason, I can't thank you enough. You may have permanently cured any future GAS.

Gretschadelphia, I know how you feel. I had a '57 style 6128 that I had to sell 7 years ago. This is a rectification of that mistake ( I had to pay off the IRS, but I did still have 2 kidneys).

Also, I played it through my DeLisle Nickel Box last night and it was sweet! Through my Swart Atomic Space Tone Pro, it is quite aggressive. I felt powerful.

Chmason, I can't thank you enough. You may have permanently cured any future GAS.

– Bob Howard

Sure you have....

Sure you have....

– Billy D Light

I swear, I'll never look at another guitar with lust in my heart.

– Bob Howard

Keep an eye out for lightning, when making a statement like that.

She's a beauty! Congrats!

Keep an eye out for lightning, when making a statement like that.

She's a beauty! Congrats!

– Suprdave

Don't all men say that sort of thing on their honeymoon?

And see, there's where the trouble begins. We set ourselves up by tacitly agreeing to dubious conditions from the start.

In actuality, it's the entire concept of monogamy which should be questioned.

– Bob Howard

When it comes to guitars, Webster defines "never" as "2 to 3 weeks."

Register Sign in to join the conversation