Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD somebody stop me!!!!

I considered the black and gold gents because I thought black a major upgrade over the poop brown. But, I never knew what to make about Ed Roman, he seemed like what Hunter S. Thompson would be like if he had sold guitars.

For a multitude of reasons, I share, this which I previously posted to my Facebook feed!

"Greg Koch is such a trip. He and Joe cracked themselves up, looking at the Country Gentleman Vintage Select which George Harrison made so famous. This is an elegant reissue of that guitar."

(Just a bit like watching Grandpa controlling a sugared up two year old.)

For a multitude of reasons, I share, this which I previously posted to my Facebook feed!

"Greg Koch is such a trip. He and Joe cracked themselves up, looking at the Country Gentleman Vintage Select which George Harrison made so famous. This is an elegant reissue of that guitar."

(Just a bit like watching Grandpa controlling a sugared up two year old.)

– Olivia Anne

I watched that yesterday. It tickled me so hard to see Koch cracking Joe up like he did. Loved it!!!!

Other than controlling the 2" Ampex Tape market, what was Ed Roman's crime against all of us?

https://www.google.com/sear...

Black and Gold motorcycles look great, too!

https://www.google.com/sear...

EDIT: Don't get me started on Sports Uniforms and Sweaters!

Hockey: Pittsburgh, Boston = BAD, Las Vegas = GOOD!

Football: New Orleans, Purdue, Mizzou = GOOD, Pittsburgh = BAD!

Nah, you need a John Player Special Lotus:

Play it on the toilet and you can have a John Player Special, too!

Update - - - She got here yesterday.

Hoooly schnykees....

Majestic! For one thing, Gents are big’uns! The vast expanse of all that flawless, beautiful black on the body makes the electronics in the middle seem kinda diminutive.

Speaking of electronics, I wondered if they weren’t TV’s pups. On the site, it doesn’t mention it but if it’s indeed the ‘62 reissue, that’s what’s s’posed to be on ‘em. Whatever they are, they sound lovely.

Whomsoever that shop’s setup guy is, he’s worth whatever they’re paying him. When I bought it, the fella asked what strings I wanted on it and how I like my action set up. Since a Tru-Arc was in my plans, I asked for 11’s with a wound G. And I like actions to be as low as possible without buzzing and that’s exactly how this one came. (I say the Tru-Arc “was” in my plans because unless I’m even more clueless that I suspected, it already has one! Does anybody know if that’s how they ship?)

Another bonus was an awesome (as usual) phone visit with our own Ric12string about it, amongst other cool stuff. It’s always a treat to get hang on the phone with Bob.

So as I’m sure you can imagine, I’m typing this with some serious coffee breath because I was up all night playing it.

I’ll post a pic as soon as I’ve cleaned up the joint enough to have a suitable background.

And finally....WOOOOO!!!!!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation