Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD: S. Stern Strikes Again!

Scripty Penguin in 1955 Chevy Regal Turquoise.

Scripty Penguin in 1955 Chevy Regal Turquoise. TV Jones Duo Tron Pickups. Serpentune Bridge

At StreetSounds with Stephen Stern, Madrigal (of the Gretsch Custom Shop), and Mr. Gretsch

And with the unforgettable Rocky!

Man, that is something to behold! Congratulations!

Last one, Me, very happy, at Rocky's

Thanks to all of you for your kind congrats!

Congratulations she's a real stunner.

Scripty Penguin in 1955 Chevy Regal Turquoise.

– Mac2020

Oh, that’s a beauty!

Is that a scripty Gretsch logo on the guard? Very cool! What a beauty!

Man, that is sweet. All you need is a '55 Chevy to get to your gig!

Man! That is sweet! Love what Stephen Does. One of his creations or your choices of appointments?

Last one, Me, very happy, at Rocky's

– Mac2020

I remember you that day!

That explains why you and your boy were smiling all day long!

Congrats, it's a beauty.

Many of the initial aspects of the guitar were mine, such as color, curly maple top, scripty logo on the pick guard. Rocky was so much help with great suggestions as wooden pick guard and control knobs, cream color binding, etc. Stephen Stern, a true artist/craftsman, saw to it that all logical requests were considered and made the guitar look even more spectacular than I had envisioned. Stern also took great care to get the colors right, sending samples through the US mail because you can't really trust colors online, etc.

I can't say enough good things about Stern; he is not only gifted and a master, he is also the nicest person you could ever wish to know. Stephen even had the idea (and took the care) to paint the bobbins of the pickups! I give the both the Gretsch custom shop and Rocky a superlative rating!!!!

Oh Wow! That's a stunning guitar, great choice of color, it's beautiful. You certainly do look happy playing it at Rocky's.

Beautiful one of a kind work of art! Love the color and all the little details you incorporated.

Wow! This is a spectacular guitar. I love your story too. Congratulations!

Yeah, I wish we could get Stephen to another Nashville Roundup. He is a great guy and a good picker.

Register Sign in to join the conversation