Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD Gretsch Blue Falcon

I just received my Gretsch Blue Falcon from Chicago Music Exchange. I have to say they were great to work with. Excellent packaging and they gave me 15% off. This is, without a doubt, the nicest guitar I've ever owned, or maybe even played. The only thing I'll change is that I'll throw the Tru Arc serpentine bridge I own on it. I've always been interested in a Falcon and must say this guitar is special. The Ray Butts TV Jones pickups are amazing. I actually get chills when I'm playing it. I appreciate the subdued bling, but it's still no plain jane with silver sparkle binding. Just a great guitar.

We need pics!

There are a few different 'blue' Falcon models. Which one is yours? And pics please.

The lake placid blue most current one with the ray butts pickups, silver sparkle binding, and chrome bigsby. I’ll get some pics up.

That's the pretty one I started a thread about when it came out! A number of folks, myself included, commented on liking the more subdued nature of the 'bling'.

I remember that one. Very nice- congrats but still want pics.

A beauty. Play it in excellent health!

That model is my FAVORITE Falcon! I really like the subdued look.

Congratulations on a beauty! Enjoy!!!

Perfect for the blues. Man, she's lovely. Congrats!

That's a great looking guitar! I really like the color, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Wow, ain't that puuurty!! That combination looks great! Congrats and enjoy !

What a great guitar! Congratulations. This is family heirloom material.

Wow!

That's a looker!

Congrats and enjoy!

Love that Blue Bird! Play the snot out of her!!

Cool lookin' geet,congrats!

I love it too and congrats Matt. I feel the honeymoon with that blue baby will be a long one!

Simply gorgeous. Congrats on a fabulous new guitar.

Fantastic! Just beautiful!

The color and name are a perfect match. It is both cool and pleasing. Definitely one of the best.

Register Sign in to join the conversation