Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD G6118T-135 Annie

Where have they been hiding these guitars? After decades of F/G electrics I am now addicted to Gretsch guitars

Where have they been hiding these guitars? After decades of F/G electrics I am now addicted to Gretsch guitars

– Jazzhands11

You just weren't looking. Lovely Annie you've got there now. Do you think you'll dip your toe in the vintage pool. There's some mighty nice stuff in there as well. Not everything you run across but perhaps something not made anymore.

Yup. Slowly trading/selling my Gibsons and Fenders for Gretsches. Got my eye on a couple Proline VS pieces. Truly addicted ...

Would also consider something “vintage, not made anymore”.

Hey, Windsordave, I seem to remember (or perhaps I have inferred) that you are a V Islander. I’m in Parksville. We could meet sometime if you have something you’d like to move ...

Welcome to the good stuff. You’ll want more.

Yup. Slowly trading/selling my Gibsons and Fenders for Gretsches. Got my eye on a couple Proline VS pieces. Truly addicted ...

Would also consider something “vintage, not made anymore”.

Hey, Windsordave, I seem to remember (or perhaps I have inferred) that you are a V Islander. I’m in Parksville. We could meet sometime if you have something you’d like to move ...

– Jazzhands11

No, not an Islander....I'm in Coquitlam. Sort of local.

Glad to hear you're interested in acquiring more Gretsches. I'm curious as to what you're playing through and what style you like your Gretsch for.

Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, mostly. With the Gretsches I play fingerstyle, Chet, Merle, some originals transferred from acoustic. Play other styles as well on other electrics (F/G), but the Gretsches have me returning to solo pieces with an emphasis on melody.

And you?

Chet/Merle style for me. I enjoy playing older music that's sort of made for fingerstyle. I sang Barbershop for years and that Tin Pan Alley style of writing is well suited to fingerstyle, like a lot of Chet's early material.

For acoustic I have a '41 Synchro 100, Eko E85, Ovation Folklore & Country Artist and electric my Super Chet, Gibson Gent & Super Axe that get most of my playing. I have some great amps: '71 VR, '66 PR, Exec, Super Champ X2 (head + cab) and Tanglewood T6 for acoustic.

Nice collection! The ‘66 PR especially, has me drooling ...

Congratulations on your Annie. She’s a looker!

Congratulations. Another fine specimen of the Anniversary line.

Sweet guitar!

Register Sign in to join the conversation