Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGDG6022C

This 1991 pre-FMIC Rancher just walked into my life today. It appeared on my local Craigslist and the guy happened to be two blocks from my office.

Onboard electronics, fine condition aesthetically, and the neck seems to be as it should be. it does have a very slender neck, something which I found surprising.

I have been kind of keeping my eyes open for one of these, but never expected it to come this quickly.

It is beautiful! best of luck with it! MK

Congratulations! It looks like it's in really great condition.

Congratulations! It looks like it's in really great condition.

– BuddyHollywood

There doesn't appear to be a blemish on it, Steve. That is why I went ahead a purchased it. Everything seemed to be in good condition and the price was right.

Very nice guitar. Bet it sounds excellent.

Beautiful shade of orange Bob, lovely acquisition!! What I like about this guitar is that the nice pickguard isn't screwed down, a non-pretty feature on some Gretsch acoustics, and that it doesn't have that weird bridge base that has been reported as having a negative impact on the sound. This looks like a real winner Bob!

I'm curious....the neck at the nut appears a bit wider than the standard 1.685". Maybe it's just the photo.

I'm curious....the neck at the nut appears a bit wider than the standard 1.685". Maybe it's just the photo. -- Windsordave

You'd love it, Dave. It is a full 1.75" at the nut.

Now THAT, along with that rich orange color makes it drool-worthy, Bob! I thought it was a wider neck.

WOW!!! 2 BLOCKS???? Congratulations, Bob!!

Looks gorgeous and I wish you tons of happiness with it!

Sometime..... please explain to me why these kinds of opportunities don's show up in my neighborhood.......

That is a pretty guitar. Congrats.

Dang , Bob, that IS Nice! Congrats!

WOW!!! 2 BLOCKS???? Congratulations, Bob!!

Looks gorgeous and I wish you tons of happiness with it!

Sometime..... please explain to me why these kinds of opportunities don's show up in my neighborhood.......

– senojnad

There isn't one of us that hasn't had that thought, Dan! I've had 3 pieces of good luck. I picked up a nice amp and my Gibson Gent locally. The Gent wasn't a super price but then there wasn't any shipping costs and of course no exchange beating on the money.

Probably the best from a cost savings standpoint was getting my Super Chet from a guy in Calgary on FleaBay I wanted to bargain a bit with him on the price through emails and he said he'd accept the asking price in Cdn funds so that made it a good bargain. Not as good with today's exchange rates but still a significant savings. Being within Canada, he also shipped it to me free, so I saved there too. I bought it on a Sunday, he shipped it Monday and I had it on Friday!

So how does it compare to the Peter Asher guitar?

So how does it compare to the Peter Asher guitar?

– Don Birchett

Don, there is absolutely no comparison. This guitar feels and sounds more like a full-bodied acoustic guitar should feel and sound.

This guitar is a true professional line guitar from Terada.

EDIT: After posting this, I realized that it wasn't clear to me which guitar you meant by the Peter Asher model. The 5013CE guitar that he played at our Roundup which he autographed for me? Or the sunburst 5024E Rancher Dreadnaught? The latter is actually a fairly good guitar which I take out on gigs with me as a second guitar. The first one, however, is used mostly for noodling at home. But, this new-to-me 6022C is every bit a pro instrument.

Congrats Bob!

I never liked the silk screened G brand on these back then,but ya know,if i could get one for the right price i'd jump on it!

Higgy, I was also a little disappointed that the G-brand was silk screened, but I got over that quickly once I began to play it.

I will probably take the guitar out on a gig this weekend and see how it performs. I am mildly concerned, however, that the thinness of the neck may actually create some fatigue, but hopefully not.

Wider neck and a nice thin profile...........geez!!!

Congrats, Bob! My Rancher is my go to acoustic. Don't let redrocker see this.

Ha ha. I thought the exact same thing.

What year is yours?

Register Sign in to join the conversation