Modern Gretsch Guitars

Ngd Dsw

Congratulations! I had a 2003 6120 DSW and it is one of the guitars I regret selling. 2003 seems to be a year that had beautifully figured wood for their tops and bottoms. It seems that most of the 2003 DSW'S I have seen pictured here were beautiful, yours included. Additionally mine had a real chunky neck that felt just right for me.

I haven’t yearned for a big, orange Gretsch in years, but I still absolutely adore the DSWs.

So cool.

That is a sweet looker! Great score.

Its definitely a looker. It just needs the serpentune bridge I ordered put on and it will be perfect.

Pretty cool one from the Pre Chet's return period.

– JCHiggy

Nice, that's amazing figuring.

– JCHiggy

What year is that one?

Sadly it's not mine.

Sometime after 03 the neck joint changed. in 03, as you showed, it was met the body pretty much at the last fret. Later -- and I think Dyna Gakki did this first -- it floated above the body, only touching at the join point. I think that was across the line.

My G brands are an '03 DSW and an '09 RHH. It's funny how different two similar-looking guitars can be.

Sometime after 03 the neck joint changed. in 03, as you showed, it was met the body pretty much at the last fret. Later -- and I think Dyna Gakki did this first -- it floated above the body, only touching at the join point. I think that was across the line.

My G brands are an '03 DSW and an '09 RHH. It's funny how different two similar-looking guitars can be.

– Baxter

yes, my 03 DS has the older neck extension but I think it actual does "hover" over the body, but with less space than the newer joint. You can get a piece of paper under there. I own the 03 DS, an 04 hot rod, a 13 SSLVO and an 08 6118LTV and while I love them all, there is just something about the neck and overall feel of the 03 that's special.

I agree the 03 neck is nice compared to other Gretschs I've owned in the past.

Register Sign in to join the conversation