Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD - Caddie Green

After 6 years of being Gretsch-less, I'm back in the fold again. I am the proud owner of a new Cadillac Green G6128T-57 Vintage Select Edition '57 Duo Jet. It plays & sounds even better than expected and looks amazing also. It's good have a Gretsch again. I may even attend next year's Nashville Roundup.

Now if I can just stop worrying about the first ding...

You think I could have taken the paper out from under the bridge!

Gorgeous! Congratulations & enjoy!

Re: paper under the bridge.... You don't want to rush into these things.....

Stunning! Love the color and the semi-gloss finish (or maybe the color just photographs that way?). Don't worry about that ding. It's made to be played, and played in excellent health.

Stunning! Love the color and the semi-gloss finish (or maybe the color just photographs that way?). Don't worry about that ding. It's made to be played, and played in excellent health.

– Strummerson

It has a tad more gloss in person, but there is a bit of metallic in the finish that diffuses the light and softens the reflection.

Oh my! That's so sweet.

Absolutely beautiful. I wish they made a GreTscH in this finish but with nickel hardware. But my bank account doesn't.

You're happy with the stock dynas? I have T-Armonds in my Rose and love them.

I absolutely love that color....if I were in the market for a solid body Gretsch, that would be the one!

Congrats!!!!

DAAAAAMMMMN So pretty! There's a used one on reverb I've been drooling over. I just love these.

Absolutely beautiful. I wish they made a GreTscH in this finish but with nickel hardware. But my bank account doesn't.

You're happy with the stock dynas? I have T-Armonds in my Rose and love them.

– Strummerson

Actually this 57 Vintage Select has T-Armonds stock and I'm lovin' them.

Congrats - I just picked up the exact same model for myself! What a great guitar!

Congrats - I just picked up the exact same model for myself! What a great guitar!

– hellbilly

Congrats to you too!

Congrats,love Caddy green ,so classy!

That is just sexy as hell and I thought the same as Strum with the semi glosss finish...congrats!!

Very nice! Love everything about it...

Congrats diaf! That is a tough guitar to take my eyes off of and stop looking at.......beautiful! Good for you on getting back to the Gretsch goodness in "top of the class" style!

Congrats! That's Sweet!

Oh man! That's a nice looking guitar! Congratulations, it looks like a keeper, I wish you many years of fun playing it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation