Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD - Bucketlist Acquisition!

The stars lined up! Thepolecats started a thread about what guitars people are obsessed with a few weeks ago. I thought about it and decided to stop obsessing and start possessing. I sold my Monkees and received a message from Snorre on the same day. He recalled that I liked his guitar and asked me if I wanted to buy it. Talk about timing!

So, after about 53.5 years, I have my Gretsch Country Gentleman. And not just any Gent, but a limited edition green and gold FSR with TVJ Classics and Brass Tru-Arc. I was at a point of searching for either a good vintage Gent or a good modern one and couldn't be happier with this choice.

My Holy Grail may be a pimped out double cut stereo White Falcon, but I will be okay if I never get one. The Gent is the model I thought about when buying or considering buying any guitar. Thanks Snorre.

Good for you! Play it in joy and contentment.

Certainly a piece of magic there and hope you enjoy it to the fullest. Congratulations!

That is sweet. Congratulations and enjoy, Joe.

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS Joe!!! That looks gorgeous!! Is that Caddy Green? I recall seeing photos of this model but am a bit fuzzy on the details..... More photos might help although I assume you are too busy playing the guitar to spend time fiddling with a camera.....

Best wishes for many good years with it -- enjoy!!

Congrats! Always nice to finally check something off the bucket list....

and dig the kool Ampeg Gemini amp -- tweaked up, they sound great w/ reverb that rivals Fender

Great googly-moogly!

Enjoy that, Baba!

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS Joe!!! That looks gorgeous!! Is that Caddy Green? I recall seeing photos of this model but am a bit fuzzy on the details..... More photos might help although I assume you are too busy playing the guitar to spend time fiddling with a camera.....

Best wishes for many good years with it -- enjoy!!

– senojnad

Dan, there's a reason why you take more pics at the guitar show than I do. Photography is not one of my strengths. . Here is the pic Snorre used in the data base. Yes, Cadillac Green and this FSR comes with the TVJs and Tru-Arc.

DC- the Ampeg is a 1966 model. I bought it new and still have the receipt.

Thanks everyone.

I did a double take when I saw that! Hadn't seen a green Gent before -- that is super sharp looking. There was an early sixties Caddy Green Club with matching green alligator backpad that caught my eye a few weeks back.

Congrats Joe,the Caddy green really suits the Gent!

I LOVE green guitars! A few years ago, this was offered on eBay.

Cadillac Green Country Gents? Common as Strats.

Great score, Joe!

Paul/FF909

Just checking.....

".So, after about 53.5 years, I have my Gretsch Country Gentleman..."

My recollection is that you have a 6122-'59.....?

By the way -- CONGRATS on that Ampeg!! You had mentioned it at (one of) the Philly show(s)..... It looks fabulous!! And you still have the receipt??? You were (are) a whole lot smarter than me!

Congrats, Joe! While green isn't blue (you gotta add yellow) it's a fine beast.

I've seen an early 60's green Country Club and liked it a lot, but would have still wanted a Gent. I think I got the best of both worlds- love the color on the model that I wanted. The only color that might have topped this would be blue, but I don't recall ever seeing one.

Looks like we should start a Green Country Gentleman Club! The 53.5 years refers to Feb 9, 1964 and George's double cut Gent on the Ed Sullivan Show plus technically, as a 2005 model year, my 6122-1959 is a Nashville Classic.

It is simply tremendous that you were able to acquire a bucket list item, Joe. Play it in good health!

Great score. I love it when I find something unique!

Thanks again folks. I'm happy and agree about "unique ".

I'm happy the Gent has gone to a good Gretsch home! Glad you are enjoying it, Joe!

Yeah, it will be played and cared for plus sometimes carried in a real nice case.

Nice one Joe, that is a really nice guitar. Snorre brought it to a Baltimore Roundup one year, if I'm not mistaken, it matches my green Viking

Register Sign in to join the conversation