Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD! Broadkaster

Congrats. What a flamy beauty How do the BroadTrons sound?

They sound good. They are Fulltrons. I have yet to compare them to my PowerTrons. Guitar plays great. Neck is on the chunky side which I really like. .856. Pretty much custom shop size. The only issue I see is the nut pinches the strings and the slots need to be widened.

Here is the top. Deleted the original post by mistake.

Hot dog, that's a beaut! Congratulations!!!

If I were ever in the market for a 335, I'd get a Broadkaster.

GORGEOUS!

That is one of the best looking guitars ever. Congratulations!

Beautiful guitar, I'm saving up for one.

Hot dog, that's a beaut! Congratulations!!!

– Mel Waldorf

Thanks Mel, by the way, your new pickups sounded fantastic. You should showcase them here.

Beautiful!! Congratulations and enjoy!

I have a Broadkaster JR and love it. I really like the Fulltrons. The only issue I'm having is that it doesn't stay in tune quite as well as my other Gretsch guitars. Not a big problem.... I'm still working on it.... Makes no sense to me, but it seems to be better if I do NOT use the locking tuner feature -- traditional wrapping gives better results.

Guitar Envy...I like that one and the 6620TFM.

When does Santa normally come around?

Hmmm...I have a Birthday before that, too.

That is a great color. I've read good things about Fulltrons. Congrats

Bourbon Stain, I believe.

Quite the looker, though I wouldn't have realized it from the Gretsch site.

– Proteus

I've found that the Gretsch site does NOT do justice to ANY guitars in the Gretsch fleet. The "pictures" make most of the pieces look ........ bland (??)

that has significant aesthetic merit. almost makes me a little upset that i already have a #1, or else i'd been looking hard at something like this.

That is indeed a beautiful guitar. If they are going to use a B7, they should come up with it in a V cut model. Seems to me I heard that the Gretsch family had an in with Bigsby so it should not be an issue. (That was sarcasm if anyone did not recognize it as such.)

An apt comment, which raises a point of detail in my mind. What's the body size here? The Gretsch site helpfully reveals that its depth is 1.75", but I'm more interested in the width.

Can I assume 16"? Would that be what distinguishes Broadkasters (and the 6120DC/6620DC) from the otherwise similar 17-inchier Gent series?

(Yes, and I realize Gents don't have centerblocks and stud-mounted bridges...but Gretschs are generally grouped into families by body style more than detailed specs.)

– Proteus

Here's another example of "real live" view vs the photo on the Gretsch web site.....

From the Gretsch site....:

http://www.gretschguitars.c...

So it's a center-block laminated maple guitar with a stud-mounted tune a matic, a B7, and slightly darker voiced humbuckers? That's very 335 indeed.

That is indeed a beautiful guitar. If they are going to use a B7, they should come up with it in a V cut model. Seems to me I heard that the Gretsch family had an in with Bigsby so it should not be an issue. (That was sarcasm if anyone did not recognize it as such.)

– Don Birchett

A 'V' cut B7 would be a very good thing indeed.

do they make a v cut bigsby with a tension bar? i'm not sure i've seen one, personally.

Register Sign in to join the conversation