Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD: 6136T-59VS

The Falcon has landed. After a couple months of online lurking, too many hours spent watching YouTube demos, a few weeks of driving around to any shop that had a Falcon in stock (a couple hundred miles all in), and more and more research...NGD!

Dang that's cool. Thanks for showing it off. It's just a model I was never destined to own, I guess.

WooHooooo!!! Congratulations --- that's a beauty! May you have 10 times as many happy hours playing it as you did tracking it down. And then some more!

Sweet! I know you will enjoy this guitar, congratulations!

Congrats! Now, go play the hell out of her!

Congrats! I love the aged lacquer finish on Falcons.

Thats the one I've always wanted!

K

Nice One! Congrats!

that's pretty much the exact Falcon i'd own if i were independently wealthy. play iy in good health!

Took the day off today and just noodled around for hours. I love this thing. If I have only one tiny (said with emphasis) gripe, it’s the roughness of the space control on the side/meat/palm area of my hand. Maybe some new callouses are needed.

Thanks for the kind words.

That’s lovely! Congrats.

Also, I had the same problem with the space control bridge. I got a Tru-Arc instead of new callouses. Better tone and it matches the radius of the frets...and it literally rocks.

Took the day off today and just noodled around for hours. I love this thing. If I have only one tiny (said with emphasis) gripe, it’s the roughness of the space control on the side/meat/palm area of my hand. Maybe some new callouses are needed.

Thanks for the kind words.

– Tortoise_Tweed

Get a brass Tru-Arc. Problem solved and tone improved to perfection.

I’ll look into a Tru Arc. Thanks for the tip(s).

Congratulations. It sounds like you did your research and got what you wanted. Proteus can definitely help with any bridge problems you might have. Welcome aboard and thank you for your service to our great Nation.

Callous' are never required to play that piss-poor bridge. You need to take our advice and put that bridge in a drawer and put on a Tur Arc. Those Space Control efforts are garbage for several reasons. Changing the width of the string spacing at the bridge is a dumb idea at best. Where you may need added string spacing is at the nut which this thing doesn't address in the least and the roughness of the knurled wheels is very poor for comfort on the heel of the hand for us fingerstyle players. They have no redeeming value whatsoever, historical accuracy be dammed!

Aw--i still like space controls!

K

Play for an hour in the shop. No worries. Play for 4+ hours at home...the meat gets a little raw.

Register Sign in to join the conversation