Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD: 6134TDC-LTD15 Broadway Jade Penguin

New Guitar Day: 6134TDC-LTD15 Broadway Jade Penguin. I have been looking at these for a while now, waiting to see if an opportunity would arise to acquire one. A member of the other forum alerted me to this one available in West Australia last week. So finally I have my ideal Penguin, - double cutaway with chrome hardware instead of gold and best of all, no import duties, no depressing currency exchange rate, no taxes and charges, and no shipping cost!

Added to the database!

That is a beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Very, very attractive guitar. I even like the white inserts in the pickups.

Very, very attractive guitar. I even like the white inserts in the pickups.

– Ric12string

Thanks, I already have a Tru-Arc SerpenTune Titanium bridge on order for it. Then it will be perfect!

I was surprised to discover that mine is the only example in the database. I would have expected a few more since it was introduced in 2015.

Holy smokes, audept! Great looking guitar! Play it in good health!

Now there's a surf worthy Gretsch! Very nice. I don't suppose you'll be bringing that to the Balto-DC Round-Up this weekend?

congrats ! I like that color.

Now there's a surf worthy Gretsch! Very nice. I don't suppose you'll be bringing that to the Balto-DC Round-Up this weekend?

– Brian_66

Not unless someone sends me an Australia-USA round trip airline ticket!

Double cuts are not my cup of tea, but nice score

That's crazy HOT!!!! Congrats!

Regardless of a Color Chip argument, anything "Sea Foam", or "Jade", or "Cadillac" is a winner!

It's not that hard being GREEN.

Congrats audept,great looking geet sir!

Thanks all for the kind words, loving this new addition!

Simply beautiful. Excellent choice.

Thanks, I already have a Tru-Arc SerpenTune Titanium bridge on order for it. Then it will be perfect!

– audept

So, you don't like the stock rocking bar bridge?

PS: How's the intonation? I guess slightly off with the stock .11s? That's what was the case with my red Falcon ... switching to .10 though solved it ... spot-on with Gibson Vintage Reissue.

PPS: There's still this horrible GAS for this Penguin ;)

So, you don't like the stock rocking bar bridge?

– Aymara

The bar bridges don't intonate very well with the NYXL strings, the plain-G string in particular. The Serpentune intonation is spot-on.

Register Sign in to join the conversation