Modern Gretsch Guitars

NGD - 6120-59VS

Just arrived, yesterday. Had an SSLVO before, but never the 59. I have to say, the Setzer pickups were nice, but the TV Classics are still my favorite. This guitar is nice and bright, and loud! I was surprised how powerful the sound is...just awesome.

Another pic...

Nice guitar & congrats! I almost pulled the trigger a week ago, but then remembered the darn property taxes were due.

What a beautiful monster. Enjoy in great health!

Beautiful!

Congrats Mark. Beautiful instrument.

These have all my favorite specs, and make these instuments SO easy to fall in love with.

Just hard to put down.

Congratulations!!

That is one gorgeous guitar!

Congrats Mark!

Stunning geet sir!

Shweet! On the these is on my bucket list!

Mark, Could you discuss the differences in neck profiles between the VS and the SSLVO? My 2005 SSLVO is a slender V and I keep hoping for more beef. Thanks.

Mark, Could you discuss the differences in neck profiles between the VS and the SSLVO? My 2005 SSLVO is a slender V and I keep hoping for more beef. Thanks.

– atomicwash

My SSLVO was a 2017 model, and it definitely seemed beefier to me than the 59VS. It seemed to fill my fretting hand more, but I’m sure the 9.5 radius vs the 12 in the VS contributed to that, as well. That said, I like the SSLVO neck more.

Register Sign in to join the conversation