Modern Gretsch Guitars

New Rancher!

The color is fantastic as well as a big Gretsch Tone!

nice axe... love the way the grain shows through.

Nice guitar, Mark, I love the color, it makes me want one. Enjoy!

That's pretty, Mark! Is that a new color for this year? I thought the 5022s were only available in Orange or Black. A special run maybe?

Nice guitar, Mark, I love the color, it makes me want one. Enjoy!

– Wade H

Me to. The color is perfect. Congrats!

+1 on the color being perfect. Nice guitar Mark!

Love the color as well, and I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the lack of a triangular sound hole.

Love the color as well, and I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the lack of a triangular sound hole.

– redrocker

Nice axe... but is it a 17" wide acoustic? "Ranchers" have a couple key features and the sound-hole and body width have historically defined the model.

Nice axe... but is it a 17" wide acoustic? "Ranchers" have a couple key features and the sound-hole and body width have historically defined the model.

– kc_eddie_b

It's real, it's new, it's supposed to be a jumbo, and yes, they are calling it a "Rancher". It's model G5027CE, an FSR model. I think the angle of the OP's photo is deceptive, making it looks smaller than a jumbo.

See HERE.

That is nice. Looks different without the triangle hole.

I looked into it, It is a Guitar Center Special Edition. I liked the round sound hole and the size 17 inches. Same thing as the Falcon Acoustics. Except for the sound hole and headstock pretty much.

I did a short demo, but the mic is wrong, Sorry! After changing the pins and strings and a small truss rod adjustment, It is a great guitar! Also, sorry for my crappy video!!!!! And I have not played in a long time due to my surgery

Good video/summary. My daughter has a Falcon acoustic which I sometimes play. I agree that it is a good deal. Congrats.

Using your latest flame to play "His Latest Flame". Classic. Congrats Mark, nice addition to the herd...

I'm really glad this guitar comes with gold hardware.

I don't care for gold, and if it had chrome, I'd already be looking to buy one.

The guitar looks fantastic, but I don't need another Gretsch Jumbo. I already have a 6 and 12 string.

I posted mine a few months ago.

Addendum: Mr. Kunie, I watched your demo. It's good to see other players strum over the soundhole and not behind it! The sound is bigger and has more "boom"!

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation