Modern Gretsch Guitars

New Member to the Club Club

New guy here.... Scored this yesterday, super nice condition, 2007 year. It's a MIRC guitar, so serial number digits (last 3) blanked out, USED stamp on back of headstock, and sticker covering the original serial #. But of no consequence, as she plays and sounds great. Spruce top as well. And obscenely low price to boot.

I'm more of a jazz player with rockabilly tendencies... So this fits the bill perfectly! Favor tones and styles like early Wes, KB, and Pat Martino (e.g., El Hombre), Jim Hall, etc. This CC is fat warm and round with just a little extra treble bite -- awesome. Some jazzers won't even think about a Gretsch, man are they missing out!

Sound is amazing once I swapped the Melita bridge for a Compton brass -- night and day in terms of tone and playability....

Just my own opinion here -- I don't get Synchrosonic bridges at all??? Anyone want it?

Glad to be back in Gretsch land!

Sweet.

Welcome aboard.

could someone explain this "It's a MIRC guitar, so serial number digits (last 3) blanked out, USED stamp on back of headstock, and sticker covering the original serial #."

does MIRC = Made In Republic of China?

As far as I know they never made this model in china, only Japan. The USED stamp in the head would imply a factory flaw or second.... and that is why the SN is blacked out / covered up?

could someone explain this "It's a MIRC guitar, so serial number digits (last 3) blanked out, USED stamp on back of headstock, and sticker covering the original serial #."

does MIRC = Made In Republic of China?

As far as I know they never made this model in china, only Japan. The USED stamp in the head would imply a factory flaw or second.... and that is why the SN is blacked out / covered up?

– powerjet

MIRC= Musical Instrument Reclamation Corp.

They are located here in middle TN. Basically they refurbish/recondition factory blems and 2nds, mostly dealer returns or manufacturer rejects, although "reject" is a pretty harsh term. Most of the factory rejects are cosmetic in nature. Perfectly legal, and most of the larger makers (FMIC, Gibson, Yamaha, ESP, etc) use them quite frequently. In most cases, the serial number is altered or changed to a non-standard number, as the refurbish process generally voids the OEM factory warranty. They are then sold at a substantial discount w/o warranty. There's been a thread or two on them on this forum in the last year or so.

And to the OP-- welcome to the "Club club". MIRC or no, it's a beautiful bird!

Let me know what you want for the Synchrosonic bridge if you're interested in letting it go...

Welcome aboard, and thanks for bringing another Gretsch with you. Nice to hear another endorsement of Gretsches used for jazz.

Just my own opinion here -- I don't get Synchrosonic bridges at all??? Anyone want it?

Took me a while to "get them", and you definitely have to replace the ridiculous tall thumb screws with something (much) flatter, but yes, they do work on some guitars. So sure, I'll take it!

Synchrosonic bridge on it's way to Tartan Phantom as he provided a better overview of MIRC than I could, and he asked first...

Welcome aboard avenir !

Lovely looking Club sir,congrats.

Welcome to the Club Club! They are fantastic guitars, and definitely my favorite Gretsch. Congrats!

Can only agree with Ellen.

Welcome to the Club club also from me I have this 2 beauties and love em.

Here is mine.

Gigging with mine TONIGHT!

– Tartan Phantom

She's a beauty!

If I played the style of music you described in your initial post it seems this Country Club is the perfect guitar! I'm trying to think of any guitar that would be better and I am unable. There may be different but not necessarily better. It seems you found the perfect instrument for your sound. I have Dynasonics on a Duo Jet and they are very versatile, clear sounding, punchy pickups. Congratulations!

Clubs are to love! Congratulations and welcome to our happy....club.

Congrats and welcome to the Club Club!

Register Sign in to join the conversation