Modern Gretsch Guitars

New Gretsch owner

Hi. I'm a newbie in the Gretsch world - led astray by Hoot Owl. He's been telling me for YEARS that I should sip the Orange Kool-Aid, and I finally did. Found a 2006 G-5120 on Reverb.com and bit the bullet. It now takes its place with my Martin SPDC16TR, Ovation, Fender Tele, SG, Godin Radiator and Goya Classic in my "I love it" stable. Hope to meet y'all sometime. Soddydoc (in Tennessee).

Congrats on a great start to all things Gretsch! Post pics when you can, we love to see'em. And welcome to the GDP, a far-flung family of shameless enablers.

Congrats and welcome to the cult...I mean club. You are now one of us...one of us...one of us...

...and pix, please.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Tennessean. Enjoy your new find.

Congrats!....and welcome to the club/zoo. Are you aware of the Gretsch curse?....you can't seem to own only one.

Congrats!....and welcome to the club/zoo. Are you aware of the Gretsch curse?....you can't seem to own only one.

– Windsordave

Oh, no. You mean I’m now on a quest for more? Great!

Congrats! Welcome to the best forum on the planet!

I can't imagine Hoot Owl leading anyone astray, he's such a gentleman.

Welcome Aboard.

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Way to enable em, Dave. Welcome to our addiction.

I didn't have to try too hard! The Gretsch magic sold itself!

Nice guitar! I used to have a clear guard 5120 too. I like the clear guards the best. I only sold it because one of my friends really bonded with it.

Oh, no. You mean I’m now on a quest for more? Great!

– Soddydoc

Be careful! It's not just Gretsch, it can be guitars in general, I once had a stable of 26, but I'm much better now!

Welcome to the nut house sir!

Congrats on the new geet,i love orange Gretsches myself.

I'm not better now.

– Proteus

Well, now, that depends.

Lot of Fender hardcores finally put down those planks for the real deal -- this includes me.

Welcome to the crack den!

Register Sign in to join the conversation