Modern Gretsch Guitars

New Gretsch on the way.

I have been looking at 6131T-62VS for a long time and then something hit me, I love it. I keep telling myself I don't need another guitar. Then Guitar Center sent me a 20% off coupon and the fire was lit. Went to GC and it was not in stock but they called Gretsch and they had some at the warehouse. So I paid my money and took home a piece of paper. The wait begins ( A Red Firebird )

Pic's, or it didn't happen.

Congrats! Red is where it’s at!

Congratulations!! Try to sleep well (might be tough....) and then ENJOY one of my favorite Gretsch guitars!!

Red red red. Some of us likes red, we does.

I did the same thing when i bought my Duo Jet. Good for you.

If it's anything like my VS Duo Jet it will be wonderful. Actually I would have got a Jet Firebird VS but I don't like coloured back and sides - I like to see the grain.

I would have liked the wood showing on back but this is a copy of a 62 jet and they painted them black back then. I like the way everything is laid out like a old Gretsch. And the double cut just looks right.

I'd like the grain showing on the top too!

Still waiting.

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. t rex game

Stopped by GC and was told guitar should be here Friday. They get there UPS truck about 10:30 AM so I should get a call sometime after that. Keeping my fingers crossed and trying to stay COOL.

It's here Wow it looks great.

Funny my first guitar was a red Tempo I didn't know any better, junk but it had 3 pickup. When I was 17 I found a used Jazzmaster it had the plastic back guard on it great shape but it was Red and when I got home I stripped all the finish off. It was a late 50 early 60 guitar and it came with a brown face twin and yes I wish I had it now. I tried to post pic but they are to big, do you still need a host site for pictures?

Funny my first guitar was a red Tempo I didn't know any better, junk but it had 3 pickup. When I was 17 I found a used Jazzmaster it had the plastic back guard on it great shape but it was Red and when I got home I stripped all the finish off. It was a late 50 early 60 guitar and it came with a brown face twin and yes I wish I had it now. I tried to post pic but they are to big, do you still need a host site for pictures?

– Barry

I had a '63 for a while and as cool as I thought it looked, it didn't look as good as yours. Cheers.

I would have liked the wood showing on back but this is a copy of a 62 jet and they painted them black back then. I like the way everything is laid out like a old Gretsch. And the double cut just looks right.

– Barry

Jet Firebirds have "always" (not sure about the Baldwin years) had black sides and back.

Your new guitar is stunning!! Enjoy!!

How much more red could that be?

The answer is None. None more red!

Congrats Barry!

Pretty cool wee geet that!

Register Sign in to join the conversation