Modern Gretsch Guitars

New G6620 Question

Hey, all. New here.

Just landed my first ever Gretsch. LOVE this guitar!

Model number on internal label is G6620TDC-ORFM.

Don’t see this exact model on the current Gretsch website. Closest is the G6620TFM.

Same guitar?

All replies welcomed and appreciated ...

Wabash, thx for your reply. Seems, however, that all the 6120 specs on the Gretsch site seem to be hollow body. Mine is a center block 1.75” body depth. Don’t think it’s a 6120.

Charlie, I think you’re suggesting that my 6620TDC-ORFM is the same guitar as the 6620TFM on the site. Sure seems like they are the same guitar, but why the different model number? Any thoughts?

Wabash, thx for your reply. Seems, however, that all the 6120 specs on the Gretsch site seem to be hollow body. Mine is a center block 1.75” body depth. Don’t think it’s a 6120.

Charlie, I think you’re suggesting that my 6620TDC-ORFM is the same guitar as the 6620TFM on the site. Sure seems like they are the same guitar, but why the different model number? Any thoughts?

– Jazzhands11

Please post pics. One per post and add some text. Gretsch has (almost traditionally) had models that didn't show up in official literature.

I’ve seen a few instances where the label has a more detailed model number then the advertised number.

• G6620TFM
  • G6620TDC-ORFM

If I had to guess about the extra characters, “DC” is double cut and “OR” is orange.

Thanks to all for chiming in.

Just stumbled on something ...

On the Gretsch site, choosing Professional Series, 3rd page, top row center is the G6620TFM. Zooming in on the upper bout f-hole, I can read the model number on the internal label G6620TDC-ORFM, same as the model number on the internal label in my actual guitar.

Problem solved. Same guitar. Charlie Vegas was right.

Register Sign in to join the conversation