Modern Gretsch Guitars

NDJD - I’m back in the Jet Set!

Thanks JC, thanks Doug. I’m glad to be back in the Jet club.

When you're a Jet, You're a Jet all the way From your first cigarette To your last dyin' day.

That's what I've been saying all along. Once you Jet, you'll never forget, never regret you fretted a Jet.

Scripty DJ's are just really really really cool.

I'm realizing I have three Strats, Four Tele's, but I only have one Jet...

hmmm......

Late to the party here, but yes, an elegant black Jet makes a statement. The Howard home has seen some real activity in recent weeks. All to the good.

I love mine! My only gripe is cosmetic; I was they would make the pickguard three-ply WBW.

I plan to ask Paul Setzer to make me one of these pickguards.

Excellent idea, Bob. I've been meaning to do that as well for mine. Matching pickguard and headstock scripty logos for the win!

Great guitar....and with Dynasonics

A DuoJet is something everyone would love to have. .....I tried in vain to not look at this thread. I am weak....

Congrats!

I like the fact that the '53 doesn't have the company name on it in a half a dozen places, and that the headstock logo is almost illegible at a distance.

That’s a lovely dyna-jet!

Probably the nicest looking I’ve yet seen.

I’ve a silverjet with Dynas and the space control bridge.

Stock all the way, though I do have a few tru-arcs that I’ve acquired second hand. The only one not yet assigned duty elsewhere is an aluminum serpentune.

Can’t decide if that would best be deployed on my dyna-club with flats replacing the Melita , or my dyna jet.

Sounds like I need to find out.

Enjoy in good health, thrive!

Sourpuss, I went back to Melita on my Dyna Club after several years with a brass bar bridge I made myself. I like it!

Sourpuss, I went back to Melita on my Dyna Club after several years with a brass bar bridge I made myself. I like it!

– seadevil

Thank you! Precisely the reason I’ve not yet changed it. My thought was that the aluminum bridge might give the flats a bit more “sparkle”. But so would changing strings.

The jet sounds fine, despite the space control bridge. Not sure aluminum would be the best choice for it. But I could be wrong. I often am.

I’ve a brass Tru-Arc on my 6119 that seems to compliment it nicely, replacing the gretsch non radiused bar bridge immediately bought after purchasing the guitar to replace my rattlematic stock issue.

Maybe the aluminum on the 6119 and the brass on the jet?

Or order new?

Still think that scripty jet is the balls!!

Oh boy! That is a dandy!! And the Champ 12 looks great in that setting, too! Congratulations, Bob!!

My happy place. Thanks, fellers.

Seriously Bob, If I didn't already have a collection, I would want your collection. In fact, I do want your collection. Most especially (as you well know) that Guild.

Ok, RR. If I decide to give it all up and go all Thoreau, join a cult or decide to leave it all behind and become a box car jumping vagabond, the Guild is yours. Fingers crossed.

I wish someone with a pearloid or sparkle red Dyna Jet would make the same promise to me.

I would then encourage them to ensure their mental health and peace of mind by loosening the burden of possessions miring them in the illusory material world and thenceforward devoting themselves to the wandering meditative life of a mendicant.

Thoreau is quoted as saying:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

[DREAMING OF GUITARS]

I wish someone with a pearloid or sparkle red Dyna Jet would make the same promise to me.

I would then encourage them to ensure their mental health and peace of mind by loosening the burden of possessions miring them in the illusory material world and thenceforward devoting themselves to the wandering meditative life of a mendicant.

– Proteus

I promise, if you give me that Billy-Bo today, that when I get my Pearloid Sanguine Jet, you will have it when I finally decide that I truly am not worthy of it.

Thoreau is quoted as saying:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

[DREAMING OF GUITARS]

– redrocker

...and Pink Floyd is quoted as saying, “Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way”.

Oh man! That's nice! Congrats Bob!

Next time we all meet up ( which I hope is soon ), we should bring our Jets and pass them around to try.

Yea, man. Now that I am used to my new Jet I want to compare it to your silver BZ Jet.

Register Sign in to join the conversation