Modern Gretsch Guitars

NAMM 2020

I am wondering that there is no discussion about the upcoming NAMM show. No rumors to share?

Great time to start a thread. Looks like you just did.

I am hoping for a 6120T59 in lake placid blue with nitro and chrome/nickel hardware. I will immediately order one

In a NAMM pre-show marketing environment that has everyone pre-spilling their shiny beans (from Fender and Gibson down through the lowest-volume boutique pedalers), I'm surprised that there's not a whisper from the Gretsch guys. I doesn't know what that meanses.

(Even Tru-Arc(™) will have a NAMMnouncement to make, though I'm waiting to see if it comes true.)

I know RickyBob12String is attending the festivities, and am confident Frank the G will make the scene as well. Maybe they'll provide some color commentary for us gray faceless masses, huddled around the blue lights of our screens, wishing we wuz cool.

As I'm still feeling sated and stuffed with guitars and amps, so far my favorite pre-show reveals are the Chase Bliss Blooper fractalising time-bending surrealistic "bottomless" looper pedal (because I need more strange) - and Source Audio's oh-so-practical EQ2, the programmable, MIDI-controllable, stereo in/out 10-band graphic/parametric EQ/boost pedal which promises a true Swiss Army solution to All Yer EQ Needs.

I'm still waiting for some company to put out boutique cutting edge cave-man era hollow-log drums, complete with a jawbone beater.-- which would be the absolute pinnacle of retro-themed gear.

I'll be going, if there's anything in particular you want me to photograph or get information about, let me know. I'll be playing the House of Blues Anaheim the first night, Thursday. Anyone in town for NAMM that doesn't have anything to do, come on by. I'll bring my new-to-me Gretsch out for the occasion. But there's a lot going on locally, shows and jams all over the place. One of the busiest week's of the year.

O to have been @ NAMM in 1966 for a big Thomas Vox scene.

I'm still waiting for some company to put out boutique cutting edge cave-man era hollow-log drums, complete with a jawbone beater.-- which would be the absolute pinnacle of retro-themed gear.

– Tartan Phantom

Oh man, I avoid the drum section at NAMM at all costs!

My wife and I are going! Is there a way to find out who will be appearing/performing at the Gretsch (and other) booths? I see concerts at a few locations but nothing at the various booths.

Fritz: Go to https://www.namm.org/thenam... and peruse the massive amount of stuff they list. There's a lot to sift through. Also, download the NAMM app for your phone and update it regularly, late-breaking updates get published there. Use the NAMM app to add your favorite vendors to your Favorites list so you can find their booth more easily. Also peruse the Convention Center map because it's big, and once you get a feel for the booth numbering scheme and how to get to the various places (like Gretsch on the upper level, and the wacky stuff on the lower level), you'll spend less time trying to figure out where you're going.

I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, maybe Sunday, but I've got gigs on Friday and Sunday so exactly when I'll be places remains to be seen. One place I guarantee I'll be is the Beatnik Bandito in Santa Ana on Saturday afternoon for the Paul Pigat/Tommy Harkenrider/Barry Grez extravaganza. Time permitting, I may hit the guitar show in Costa Mesa one day, too.

Hope to see you there.

I'm ready for NAMM, I'm really rockabilly this year too!

The new models have been posted to their website.

I'm ready for NAMM, I'm really rockabilly this year too!

– TheNocturneBrain

Right on Tavo. Bringin some Glam to yer life

The new models have been posted to their website.

– xtcclassic

oh, the Rat Rod models looks very nice. I think the Nick 13 model was an inspiration for the black one

Thank god that I am a lefty , otherwise I would have felt the need to buy a guitar. Or maybe three as I could not decide on the color.

Paul Pigat told me he is going to NAMM. Maybe he will be able to give us an update on what is new at GreTsch.

oh, the Rat Rod models looks very nice. I think the Nick 13 model was an inspiration for the black one

Thank god that I am a lefty , otherwise I would have felt the need to buy a guitar. Or maybe three as I could not decide on the color.

– blueflame

I can’t find a listing for “Rat Rod” on their web site. Am I missing something?

Fritz: Go to https://www.namm.org/thenam... and peruse the massive amount of stuff they list. There's a lot to sift through. Also, download the NAMM app for your phone and update it regularly, late-breaking updates get published there. Use the NAMM app to add your favorite vendors to your Favorites list so you can find their booth more easily. Also peruse the Convention Center map because it's big, and once you get a feel for the booth numbering scheme and how to get to the various places (like Gretsch on the upper level, and the wacky stuff on the lower level), you'll spend less time trying to figure out where you're going.

I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, maybe Sunday, but I've got gigs on Friday and Sunday so exactly when I'll be places remains to be seen. One place I guarantee I'll be is the Beatnik Bandito in Santa Ana on Saturday afternoon for the Paul Pigat/Tommy Harkenrider/Barry Grez extravaganza. Time permitting, I may hit the guitar show in Costa Mesa one day, too.

Hope to see you there.

– giffenf

Tommy is a friend of mine, and a mentor. Paul is a regular at the Harkenrider household this time of year, he's part of the family. Paul and Tommy play a lot of gigs. The clinic on Saturday will include Kid Anderson, who is a monster guitar player, every bit on the same level as Paul and Tommy. That clinic will be off the hook. And don't be surprised if Kid Ramos shows up too, though he's not on the bill, but he's known to hang out with the boys. I may go to the clinic, but I already have tickets to the Kid Ramos birthday bash on Saturday night, best show of the year. Tommy's band will be playing, and I expect Paul to be there as well, they've been doing the NAMM Saturday night show together for years. Watching those 2 guys trading licks back and forth, and with Kid Ramos is unreal.

Tommy and Paul are also playing at Decades in Anaheim on Thursday night.

The NAMM circus is already in town. I played the House of Blues Anaheim last night with my duo and the place filled up with NAMM escapees. It was a very appreciative crowd, not stingy with tips either.

– blueflame

I really dig those (jeez I wonder why).

But I have a new Telecaster on my 'to-get' list first.

Do you guys have a link to the new models? Like Bob I cannot find them.

Okay, thanks. I just didn't recognize the Rat Rod model as such.

Right on Tavo. Bringin some Glam to yer life

– ChimingBell

As long as Tavo's off- stage exploits don't match Gary's, I'm OK with the shoes.

I'll be going, if there's anything in particular you want me to photograph or get information about, let me know. I'll be playing the House of Blues Anaheim the first night, Thursday. Anyone in town for NAMM that doesn't have anything to do, come on by. I'll bring my new-to-me Gretsch out for the occasion. But there's a lot going on locally, shows and jams all over the place. One of the busiest week's of the year.

– hasserl

Hi Hasserl, What is the name of your band? I might be able to drop by.

Register Sign in to join the conversation