Modern Gretsch Guitars

N + 1 = what is your next planned Gretsch buy?

Yes, an orange Gretsch is a must have.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Such a beauty, JD!

Very cool! Post pics when you're done.

– lx

I will! I'll have to wait a few weeks for the lacquer to harden but then I'll be back! ; )

Such a beauty, JD!

– Ric12string

Thanks Bob. This is the one that "won't get away"!

I have a short list.

Pre-FMIC Pearl Jet

CS Roundup

Another Caddy Green Jet

I’m slowly saving for an old 6125 or 6118.

Something with Hi-Lo's would tickle my fancy.I get along great with less than balls to the wall PU's.

I rarely plan ,i only buy used ,so it depends what comes up for sale and do i want it, and more importantly ,do i have the cash to buy it.

I want 6119 - 62 Hi-Lo Tenny though,as i have never owned anything with Hi-Lo's.

Others are ; Caddy green Club with Dyna's ,i'd take a Filter Tron model if the price was right too,but then i'd still want the Dyna model.

59 style White Falcon,probably the version before the Vintage Selects came out though cause they're cheaper used.

I'll stop now cause i could go on all night.

None of these will be any time soon though,cause my guitar budget has gone for this year!

I was originally looking to get the Pro Jet CAR w/gold, but they went out of stock. Then I was looking at the Pro Jet Black w/ gold ("Poor Man's Penguin"), but alas, it too went out of stock.

So I got the 5420TG-59 instead.

Still want a Jet, but it'll hafta wait awhile now.

G6136-55 VINTAGE SELECT EDITION '55 FALCON, yep that'll do it.

Not possible now, but it would definitely be a Cadillac Green Duo Jet. I have owned 7 Gretsch guitars, but none made it through the the recession.

I'm more focused on selling guitars that don't get enough playing time right now, but if I were to get another Gretsch it would probably be a Jet or Penguin with Dynas.

Looken for one of these but I want the TV..Butts installed...

Just ordered this. https://www.gretschguitars....

– Powertronman

It’s a major bucket list guitar for me. I have wanted a Falcon since I saw Neil Young’s. I’m super greatfull I was able to pull it off and super excited.

I’m pretty much set - but if I could get my old Power Jet back, I would.

While I have no plans to buy this... if it was a lefty I’d be a mess trying to figure out how I could afford it.

6120-TB would be coming home with me 'SAP, IF I manage to get the money together.

Sadly, the money part isn't likely to happen for some time, yet.

I’d get my “Beatle” guitars back....6122-62 and 6119-62.

6120-TB would be coming home with me 'SAP, IF I manage to get the money together.

Sadly, the money part isn't likely to happen for some time, yet.

– Kevin Frye

Same here....about the money part. Change the model to G-6122-1959 for me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation