Modern Gretsch Guitars

My “Modern Gretsch Guitars” aren’t made any more.

Cool Buddy. How's the neck on that Corvette?

– NJDevil

The neck on the Corvette is just about perfect. It's comparable to a Gibson 50s profile. It's not too thick but it's on the thicker side of medium if that makes any sense. I'm guessing without measuring that it's around .85" - .87" deep at the first fret.

Most of these guitars are still available in the used market, right? I've been pretty happy with the direction that Gretsch has taken over the past couple of decades. There's some really cool stuff in the new line up.

If you've been on this site long enough you'll know that they took many ques from us here at the GDP. Fred, Mike, Stephen and Joe have made sure that we get some great Gretsch guitars and they've literally given them to us at our Round-ups. JMO.

Except the mud switch, apparently. They're doing a pretty good job of eradicating that, which I take as a personal affront.

Except the mud switch, apparently. They're doing a pretty good job of eradicating that, which I take as a personal affront.

– Otter

Agreed. I’ve come to appreciate the modern era mud switch... the vintage ones, not so much.

I was the lucky one that won the Black Panther they gave away here several years ago.. Great guitar. I really like it. Can not believe they do not make them anymore.

Register Sign in to join the conversation