Modern Gretsch Guitars

Let’s Talk Pearl Jets

What size is an "in stock" sheet?

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

24" × 54" is a full sheet, but he told me they can cut it to any size.

OK, I've reached out to Rocky and this looks totally doable. More details to come, but right now, if you think this might be something you'd want to get in on, please raise your hand, and maybe mention any make-or-break specs you might have.

Don't worry, there should be plenty of time to save the pennies for it.

Currently ball-parking the specs as

• Black pearl or the 90s silvery-blue pearl top (need to firm that up)
  • Dynas
  • chambered body
  • small headstock instead of the big one 90s PJs had (scripty logo? -- let's hear opinions here)
  • thumbnail markers
  • B3 (given my preference, I'd vote for a DE handle and string-through bar, but I can be flexible on that)

What else is important? Let's see those hands.

I may not be in on this but may I suggest an aluminum Tru-Arc Serpentune bridge?

I thought about a Tru-Arc -- big fan myself -- but think bridges could be left to personal preference, since they're so easily swapped. And I don't think a serpentine would be right for a floating-bridge Jet, would it?

Also, I think it may be helpful to get two shows of hands

1. I have every intent of getting in on this
  2. Definitely interested, but not committed.

We can make a SerpenTune for that guitar. I'd love for Tru-Arc to be part of a special run. Far as that goes, if there are committed orders, guys could choose what material they wanted (at appropriate adjustments in cost).

Alas, wrong pearl color for me, so no hands.

OK, I've reached out to Rocky and this looks totally doable. More details to come, but right now, if you think this might be something you'd want to get in on, please raise your hand, and maybe mention any make-or-break specs you might have.

Don't worry, there should be plenty of time to save the pennies for it.

Currently ball-parking the specs as

• Black pearl or the 90s silvery-blue pearl top (need to firm that up)
  • Dynas
  • chambered body
  • small headstock instead of the big one 90s PJs had (scripty logo? -- let's hear opinions here)
  • thumbnail markers
  • B3 (given my preference, I'd vote for a DE handle and string-through bar, but I can be flexible on that)

What else is important? Let's see those hands.

– Baxter

Umm...in..yeah!

How's about a pearl headstock face plate, too? If not, how about a horse shoe on there like the first pearl Jets?

Gretsch V-cut Bigsby?

Hump Block Fret Markers.

Scripty logo. most definitely.

Proty, how, if you get a Tru Arc on this FSR, could you not buy one?

I think you'd be morally obligated to.

Umm...in..yeah!

How's about a pearl headstock face plate, too? If not, how about a horse shoe on there like the first pearl Jets?

Gretsch V-cut Bigsby?

Hump Block Fret Markers.

Scripty logo. most definitely.

Proty, how, if you get a Tru Arc on this FSR, could you not buy one?

I think you'd be morally obligated to.

– crowbone

YES!! I’ll leave this here too,I like the pearl face plate too.Im not real picky ,just like I told Bax ...pearl top,Dynas & Bigs. And I like the script logo also.Fret markers,I’m flexi on..Gretsch doesn’t make an ugly fret market to me and I love getting Tim’s bridge also...which BTW Tim, I received the bridge for my 6120 and I thank you again good sir!!

We can make a SerpenTune for that guitar. I'd love for Tru-Arc to be part of a special run. Far as that goes, if there are committed orders, guys could choose what material they wanted (at appropriate adjustments in cost).

Alas, wrong pearl color for me, so no hands.

– Proteus

What’s your flavor of pearl Tim?

And sorry, Prot, but NOT red. That ain't right

You're kidding, right?

– Proteus

Santa plays Gretsch!

I thought about a Tru-Arc -- big fan myself -- but think bridges could be left to personal preference, since they're so easily swapped. And I don't think a serpentine would be right for a floating-bridge Jet, would it?

– Baxter

I have one on mine and it's the best!

Proty, how, if you get a Tru Arc on this FSR, could you not buy one? I think you'd be morally obligated to.

Well maybe. But I've been morally obligated to buy so much stuff, it sometimes nauseates me.

If I decided what other expensive bauble to let go of, maybe I could.

Thanks for the Tru-Arc support, fellers!

My color, as above-referenced, is red. Definitely red red red.

I like the idea of a matching face on the headstock. I'm for neoclassics, maybe slightly yellowed.

A spruce top would probably put me over any ambivalence.

Is Rocky looking in on this?

No hands here as I’m still selling sh$t to fund the Benedetto. But nice idea John, et al. Some of those look pretty cool. I can’t wait to see what Bax and Rocky finally put together.

Register Sign in to join the conversation