Modern Gretsch Guitars

Let’s Talk Pearl Jets

My new jet is from the same era...I can deal...but honestly, this drum wrap option has my wheels turning.

– crowbone

but John, the New Jets aren't heavy.

I like the idea of that Green Pearl Jet. maybe it's a good thing I didn't see it before I bought my Caddy Green Jet.

Sarge, that Caddy Green of yours is a killer............but I see what you're saying.

Black Pearl. Green Pearl. Red Pearl. Blue Pearl. JK, there is a bird in my ear.

The grandkids vote Blue Pearl.

Sarge, that Caddy Green of yours is a killer............but I see what you're saying.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

John, I'd have to change the pickups. I've got too many FilterTron pickups now.

but John, the New Jets aren't heavy.

I like the idea of that Green Pearl Jet. maybe it's a good thing I didn't see it before I bought my Caddy Green Jet.

– Sgt Rock

This looks like American money.

– Sgt Rock

Never too many Filtertrons Brent, never.

Never too many Filtertrons Brent, never.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Especially if it's a double cut.

Don't know why, but triple pickup double cutaways look incredible to me.

Pearlize that, and you got a winner.

– Sgt Rock

Brent, isn't the idea to collect them all? :)

And sorry, Prot, but NOT red. That ain't right

You're kidding, right?

– Proteus

Haha...I just noticed Tim's slight extension of his finger in this picture.

Bax, I think he's trying to tell you something!

Brent, isn't the idea to collect them all? :)

– crowbone

John. I've always wanted to see one of these Pearl Jets with Dynas.

John. I've always wanted to see one of these Pearl Jets with Dynas.

– Sgt Rock

Now we're cooking with gas!

I can’t help noticing that the red one is a pearl Jet with Dynas.

– Proteus

Yeah, but it's red.

– Proteus

I didn't notice it had Dynas until you mentioned it, Tim. thanks. that would be interesting to play. hmmm

I wonder, with as many folks as appear to want one, if a chambered pearl Dyna Jet run could be a possibility as an FSR or something, and if so, what it would take to make such a thing happen. I s'pose I could ping Rocky or Joel and see what we might work out.

I wonder, with as many folks as appear to want one, if a chambered pearl Dyna Jet run could be a possibility as an FSR or something, and if so, what it would take to make such a thing happen. I s'pose I could ping Rocky or Joel and see what we might work out.

– Baxter

In the mean while, I've taken initiative on BuddyHollywood's suggestion of doing one on my own, and have purchased a sample of the black oyster pearl material to see how feasible it would be to work that onto the top of a project Dyna Jet.

In stock sheet are approx. $54.00

Custom sheets start at $250.00

I only know this because I was asking about something in a Champagne Pearl.

We're gonna end up driving the value of dubious Jets through the roof

– Baxter

Hot damn! I would at this point be about 90% committed...well I guess in real time preshipment I’d be in all in with both feets!! We are talking pearl top with Dynas?!?

We are talking pearl top with Dynas?!?

That would be my preference. With as chambered a body as we can get. I'd probably be 6-9 months from having scratch for one myself, but if I could get logistics and money to work, I'd be pretty committed myself.

We are talking pearl top with Dynas?!?

That would be my preference. With as chambered a body as we can get. I'd probably be 6-9 months from having scratch for one myself, but if I could get logistics and money to work, I'd be pretty committed myself.

– Baxter

I’m with ya Bax,yes I believe we’re on the same page of the same bookI mean if I had to I could move some stuff but I’m looking at another 2-3 months of physical therapy from my surgery so in this time frame give or take I’m trying not to buy anything but if it meant do or die on something like this then I’m in.

Fuel for the fire.

– Bradomatic

my favorite!

And my never ending GAS for them!

I've always thought Pearl Jets were among the most beautiful of the lot but was always late to the game when it came time to buy one. I did blow a chance to get Bonedaddy's before he changed his mind. Wise move, grasshopper.

Anyway, and I'll direct this question to Joe C., any chance we'll ever see Pearl Jets back in regular, or FSR production?

– crowbone

Hey now, I do love Pearl Jets, but mine is a Champagne Sparkle and yes, I still have it

Hey now, I do love Pearl Jets, but mine is a Champagne Sparkle and yes, I still have it

– Bonedaddy

Sorry, B.D.

I knew you had the champagne sparkle, but I thought you also had a pearl.

Register Sign in to join the conversation