Modern Gretsch Guitars

Just picked up my 2019 Streamliner Jr. 2655

Hi jmkoeln, good job. The guitar now looks even more classy. By the way, what is fabric-flex?

Greetings from (close to) Cologne

– blueflame

It's fabric braided cable - that stuff u will find on old fashioned electric devices. Textil-Kabel for close-to-colonians how close are you?

We just moved out of Cologne last year to Pulheim/Stommeln.

I fully intended to keep all hardware stock on my G2655 until it arrived and I saw the knobs up close.

I did not like the fact that when playing the guitar and looking at the side of the knobs, you can see through them, and actually see the splines on the split-shaft pots. I do not want to see that.

So I ordered a nickel plated switch tip and a set of four chrome G-Arrow knobs (made specifically for the split-shaft pots). The guitar looks so much better now.

I can understand Gretsch going cheap on the knobs on the G2655. After all, it is pretty much an entry-level Gretsch guitar. I did not mind spending another $30 for the hardware upgrade. The guitar definitely looks better with the new bits on there.

You've really done a great job dressing her up jmkoeln. I like the new look very much, the nickel G - Arrow knobs and the switch tip look amazing!

G-Knobs are always an improvement, IMO. She looks great! Rock the hell out of her!

I fully intended to keep all hardware stock on my G2655 until it arrived and I saw the knobs up close.

I did not like the fact that when playing the guitar and looking at the side of the knobs, you can see through them, and actually see the splines on the split-shaft pots. I do not want to see that.

So I ordered a nickel plated switch tip and a set of four chrome G-Arrow knobs (made specifically for the split-shaft pots). The guitar looks so much better now.

I can understand Gretsch going cheap on the knobs on the G2655. After all, it is pretty much an entry-level Gretsch guitar. I did not mind spending another $30 for the hardware upgrade. The guitar definitely looks better with the new bits on there.

– BobbyMac

As someone mentioned before - the plastic knobs are part of the Streamliner heritage and not only to achieve a lower price-tag.

If It's for the looks - i stay with silvershinynickelbling

Thank you guys Wade H and Suprdave

Register Sign in to join the conversation