Modern Gretsch Guitars

Just got a Streamliner Jr. 2655T - loving it!

Hi all, Yesterday I purchased this instrument in candy apple red. I played it in the store and immediately like the sound of the "hot" PUs. It's a sound that I didn't have. I gig professionally on acoustic solo fingerstyle, and electric is mostly a hobby for me, but here in my dotage, I've picked up an interest in playing country lead and blues. I think that this will be a great little blues guitar. My Sewell amp is clean forever, and this new guitar adds jut a bit grit and overdrive. Through the Blues Jr. I can overdrive all day and get some great blues sounds. My other Gretsch, a fantastic 6122-59, is a totally different critter of course, so it nice to have this very different instrument at a great price. All of a sudden, I have an electric "collection", each with a very different character: The two Gretsch instruments, plus an Electromatic 12-string, a '67 Tele with a b-bender, and a beautiful Heritage 535 (like a Gibson 335). Most of my investment and time are with fine luthier-built acoustics, but this electric thing sure is fun! Photos to follow. Jenn

Very cool. Looking forward to the photos.

That's a pretty comprehensive and inclusive set of electrics for an acoustic player!

Congrats on the latest acquisitions. Lookin' forward to pics of the entire collection!

Congrats. I also have one. Nice guitar. Actually, your whole collection is noteworthy.

Congretschulations on your new purchase!

For those of you considering this guitar, Adorama Camera has a great price on the G2655T in Walnut Stain. Check it out! Available only thru this link, and I don't know for how long!

https://www.adorama.com/gr2...

Congrats! piiiiics please

Thanks for that link BobbyMac....

Thanks Jenn, it sounds like you are purveyor of fine guitars. Congratulations on acquiring the Streamliner, it seems to have filled a sonic void you never knew existed, until you heard it filled. I keep hearing about how good these new Streamliners are, and I'm really thinking about checking one out in person. I'm glad you are enjoying yours, and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Congratulations! I thought they would be suited for blues.

Congrats! Lets see some pics! Welcome to the GDP.

Register Sign in to join the conversation