Modern Gretsch Guitars

Just got a little pinstriping done on my modded TN Rose!

i usually am not a pinstriping fan, but that is choice.

Understated and very classy

Nicely done and not overdone.

Nice.

Did you have to clear coat it?

I know that(at least some) pinstripers usually don't do the clear coat to protect their work, but leave that up to the individual owner to do it or get it done.

Cool, I really like it.

Your new #1?

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Nope, but way up there. The Falcon I bought from is you is still the best guitar I've ever owned.

Nope, but way up there. The Falcon I bought from is you is still the best guitar I've ever owned.

– hellbilly

Great to hear that. I'm glad that it's getting the show time it deserves...and love too!

I like the pin stripe. Really cool, but the P90's caught my attention right off the bat.

Agreed... the P-90s are cool AF! Kudo's also on the tasteful pin-striping as well!

Agreed... the P-90s are cool AF! Kudo's also on the tasteful pin-striping as well!

– kc_eddie_b

You're talking like my kids now, Ed!

Striped guitars are often done in overkill style IMO, but I like this one - how the striping makes the busy parts busier but leaves the lower bass bout alone.

Understated and very classy

– LarryR

I concur completely!

The best way to pinstripe a guitar is by not over doing it and this is a perfect example of that.

I agreed with crowd, perfectly done! Pinstriping can be a real tightrope and easy to overdo leaving people saying, "now why he do that?" Not in this case. This is a terrific example of getting it right. The P90's most certainly fit on this guitar as well. Congrats!

BTW, this guitar reminds me of my old plan of getting a red or sunburst hollow Gretsch and stuff black dogears in it.

That plan fell off my radar when the red sparkle Jet came along, I think. But they look absolutely fantastic so if I didn't like the sound (yeah, right) I could just hang one on a wall, gawk, drool and be happy

Yup, mighty handsome. Compliments to the chef.

First Class design and execution!!! Congratulations -- gorgeous guitar!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation