Modern Gretsch Guitars

Just a pic

We all like looking at Gretsches, right? Here's a pic for no particular reason. This one recently sold as part of my downsizing; a 6120DS from 2003. There were some exceptional guitars produced during those first two or three Fender years and I was very fortunate to have owned this one; hope the new owner enjoys playing it as much as I did.

So......I'm curious. What Gretsch is your go-to guitar that you can let this beauty go?

It appears that the pickups were changed out with TV Jones Filtertrons in Dyna sized mounts. True? I did that to a 6128 DSV and they look just like those.

S Mac

I have a DSV version from 2007 which has Seymour Duncan Dynas and a TruArc on it, Vis the vintage look, has stunning finish and vintage colouring, more a red than the orange and I love it plays and sounds great , Seymour Duncan's on it make such a huge difference.No intention of parting with mine,go to my son, then Granson dynasty carries on.

So......I'm curious. What Gretsch is your go-to guitar that you can let this beauty go?

– Windsordave

My main guitar for the last decade has been a Fuji-Gen 6118T. There's also a 1960 6124 for more of a trad jazz box, and lately I'm really enjoying a Fuji-Gen 6120 AM. I'll get a couple more pics up as soon as we get a sunny day here. Here's one of the 6120AM.

That DSW must’ve been tough to lose, however, few guitars are going to beat that Amber finish!

That DSW must’ve been tough to lose, however, few guitars are going to beat that Amber finish!

– Baba Joe

I tend to like lightweight instruments and the 6120DS was a tad on the heavy side. Not bad, and the the slightly heavier built probably helped cut down on feedback, but the three Gretsches that I own now are all very light and responsive. The amber finish on the 6120AM is nice for sure, but it is the design template that appeals to me the most.

Register Sign in to join the conversation