Modern Gretsch Guitars

It’s Been a While - Last Ditch Gretsch Attempt For Me

hey ellen...this cc has been on bay area cl for a bit..down 300$ from when it was first posted...looks nice..and i know you love the country clubs

have no affiliation..but sure looks cool

https://sfbay.craigslist.or...

cheers

Hello, Ellen,

Nothing much to add to this very informative discussion except how very glad I am to have you around. Now that I think about it, seems that it has been just Deed, occasionally, and me, these days. So, if not for our engaging information and banter, then for our need for another Girl around the place, please return often. Stay safe and well,

All My Lovin, Olivia Anne

– Olivia Anne

Hi Olivia Anne. I intend not to be so absent anymore on the GDP. I just need to figure out what I'm going to do guitar-wise. I upgraded my Telecaster a couple of hours ago, by unloading 3 guitars that were collecting dust, for a Britt Daniels Telecaster Thinline with an oh so comfy neck, and killer sound. Now, I just need another full blown hollowbody. Not sure if I want another Country Club (the heavy heavy weight, and relatively thin neck of the '59 Reissue Country Club I owned, turned me off) an older Country Club (if I can determine the neck is thick enough), or surprise surprise! a Black Phoenix I found on Reverb, that I was pleasantly surprised to find, has a bit thicker neck than I expected it would have (.88" at the 1st Fret, and .96" at the 12th Fret). Oh, then to muddy the waters further, there is that oddball creature - the 7-string jazz guitar, since I also play 7-string guitar.

Go figure!

hey ellen...this cc has been on bay area cl for a bit..down 300$ from when it was first posted...looks nice..and i know you love the country clubs

have no affiliation..but sure looks cool

https://sfbay.craigslist.or...

cheers

– neatone

Interesting! The only thing, is that it doesn't look like the guy is interested in shipping a guitar, and long distance Craigslist transactions can be kind of iffy. Still it is a cool guitar! Thanks for the info.

Ellen,

We’ve been all down this road with you before as you mentioned. BTW great to see you around again. Let’s make it easy. You obviously have an unending crush on Clubs, but fall a little out of love with the neck profile after you have one. So why not consider this strategy: (1) Keep what you already have; (2) Employ some patience; (3) Using a credit card, order one Club at a time from a vendor with a liberal return policy, and/or find some you can play before buying; (4) When you find the Club with the neck closest to your liking, buy it and keep it and (5) Realize that the neck profile may just be a little different than what you’re used to and think of the guitar as having its own personality. You’ll adapt if you don’t expect it to be the be all and end all of all guitars.

I like Gretsch sized neck profiles the best, but have some chunkier Gibsons that I still get a kick out of playing. My favorites are generally smaller necks, but I can adapt to even slightly larger necks and still enjoy the guitar when ai play it. Just my 2 cents.

Welcome back Ellen, I've been generally offline since selling my last Gretsch. But I'm always looking to get back in, and I'm following the advice you're getting really closely!

Good luck!

B6

Register Sign in to join the conversation