Modern Gretsch Guitars

in progress 6120 hemi3

heres a video of a project I'm working on, its a hollow body 6120 custom

I used this homemade wood bender for the sides

My form I used that I made using nails with rubber hoses over the nails for the shaping

Your design aesthetics and talents are unique and singular. Don't ever stop. I really liked the "cats head" headstock. It's a design idea I've sketched out and it was cool to see someone do it. That tailpiece is amazing.

Your skills have really developed over the years. This is super-looking work. Kudos!

Paul/FF909

Oh brother, that headstock is to die for ... If only gretsch would get this funky with custom shop. I don't really buy new guitars, but this creation of yours conjures up everything I know and can remember of that Era. Enormous!

And I can see that you have been around the block. That slightly flattened butt end solves a lot of problems too. How does it sound like? The chequered sides ... my dennims just flipped it's pipes!

Oh brother, that headstock is to die for ... If only gretsch would get this funky with custom shop. I don't really buy new guitars, but this creation of yours conjures up everything I know and can remember of that Era. Enormous!

And I can see that you have been around the block. That slightly flattened butt end solves a lot of problems too. How does it sound like? The chequered sides ... my dennims just flipped it's pipes!

– retnev

Thanks for compliments, I have to wait another week or so for the lacquer to cure before wet sanding and wiring it up

Very nice! To me, your work is playable outsider art. And I agree with FF909 - your development over the years has been impressive.

Please share more pictures of the finished article when you can - so many great details to see here!

1 more week for the lacquer to cure and then assemble, in the meantime I made my 3rd pickguard and I love this out of all 3. Also made brass knobs and insignia plate with pear inlays

Love it! What's the inspiration behind the bridge adjustment wheels?

Love it! What's the inspiration behind the bridge adjustment wheels?

– Hipbone

Just thought of something different, when I build a guitar I want it be be a piece of art as well as a guitar I like that Gretsch guitars have some character in my option

Pretty cool. I too have enjoyed watching your skills develop, over the years.

Register Sign in to join the conversation